language and some sexual content RESTRICTED
Plot: What's the story about?
The story of Aidan Bloom (Zach Braff), a struggling actor, father and husband who at 35, is still trying to find his identity; a purpose for his life. He and his wife are barely getting by financially and Aidan passes his time by fantasizing about being the great futuristic Space-Knight he’d always dreamed he’d be as a little kid.
When his ailing father can no longer afford to pay for private school for his two kids (5 and 12) and the only available public school is on its last legs, Aidan reluctantly agrees to attempt to home-school them. The result is some funny chaos, until Aidan decides to scrap the traditional academic curriculum and come up with his own. Through teaching them about life his way, Aidan gradually discovers some of the parts of himself he couldn’t find.
modified plot formulation from kickstarter.com
3.18 / 5 stars (11 users)
Poll: Will you see Wish I Was Here?
Who stars in Wish I Was Here: Cast List
"Percy Vs Goliath" , "Cheaper by the Dozen Reboot"
"Music" , "The Killer Inside Me"
"Moonfall" , "Frozen 2"
"Wonder" , "Smurfs: The Lost Village"
"The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 1" , "Staten Island Summer"
"Home" , "Spoiler Alert"
Who's making Wish I Was Here: Crew List
A look at the Wish I Was Here behind-the-scenes crew and production team. The film's director Zach Braff last directed Going in Style and Garden State. The film's writer Zach Braff last wrote Garden State and Open Hearts.
Watch: Wish I Was Here Trailers & Videos
Production: What we know about Wish I Was Here?
- As Zach Braff stated, "I am often asked by my fans or by the press when I am promoting films in which I've acted, ‘Why haven't you directed another film since Garden State?' The truth is, it's very hard to get small, personal films made without sacrificing some aspect of your artistic integrity (final-cut, casting, minuscule budgets). Crowd-funding sites like Kickstarter could be a game-changer for independent films. Already 10% of the films at the most recent Sundance Film Festival had some Kickstarter money and that's growing exponentially. Social media has begun to give content creators a chance to appeal directly to their fan base and say, ‘I wanna make something for you, but I'm gonna need your help.' The supporters of mine across the globe who back this film project will not only get to see something that wouldn't have been made otherwise, but they'll get to do so knowing they made it happen."
- Zach Braff also wrote, directed and starred in the 2004 instant classic, Garden State.
- February 2014: The film was in Completed status.
- August 2013: The film was in Post-Production status.
- April 2013: The film was in Pre-Production status.
Filming began early August 2013 and is set to conclude September 6. The film has been shot in Hollywood, east Pasadena, Ladera Heights, downtown Los Angeles and on Leo Carrillo Beach.
Producers hope to shoot the film in Los Angeles beginning this summer.
Wish I Was Here Release Date: When was the film released?
Wish I Was Here was released in 2014 on Friday, July 18, 2014 (New York / Los Angeles release). There were 6 other movies released on the same date, including S** Tape (Cameron Diaz/Jason Segel - 2014), The Purge: Anarchy and Planes: Fire and Rescue.
When will the movie be on DVD?Tuesday, October 28, 2014
Released; Now Available Buy | Rent Now