Friday, July 7, 2017 (Nationwide)
Plot: What's the story about?
A young Peter Parker/Spider-Man (Tom Holland), who made his sensational debut in Captain America: Civil War, begins to navigate his newfound identity as the web-slinging super hero in Spider-Man: Homecoming. Thrilled by his experience with the Avengers, Peter returns home, where he lives with his Aunt May (Marisa Tomei), under the watchful eye of his new mentor Tony Stark (Robert Downey, Jr.). Peter tries to fall back into his normal daily routine - distracted by thoughts of proving himself to be more than just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man - but when the Vulture (Michael Keaton) emerges as a new villain, everything that Peter holds most important will be threatened.
official plot version from sonypictures.com
4.02 / 5 stars (123 users)
Poll: Will you see Spider-Man: Homecoming?
Cast: Who stars in it?
Crew: Who's making Spider-Man: Homecoming
A look at the Spider-Man: Homecoming behind-the-scenes crew and production team. The film's director Jon Watts last directed Clown and Cop Car. The film's writer Jonathan Goldstein last wrote Game Night and Vacation.
Spider-Man: Homecoming Trailers & Videos
Production: What we know about Spider-Man: Homecoming
- Based on the Marvel comic book by Stan Lee and Steve Ditko.
- Tony Revolori (Grand Budapest Hotel) will play a high school nemesis of Peter Parker’s in the film while Laura Harrier’s part is another classmate (Variety, 4/15/16).
- Deadline.com (4/12/16) reported the following clip shown at Cinecon 2016: "Peter Parker enters his home to find Aunt May with Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jr.). Stark tells Parker that he has applied for a special grant, and that he has been accepted. This is all news to Parker."
- Spider-Man will be seen in Captain America: Civil War, hitting theaters on May 6, 2016 (3/20/16).
- Sony Pictures will finance and release worldwide the next installment of the $4 billion Spider-Man franchise on July 28, 2017, in a film co-produced by Kevin Feige and his expert team at Marvel and Amy Pascal, who oversaw the franchise launch for the studio 13 years ago. Together, they will collaborate on a new creative direction for the Web-Slinger.
- Marvel and Sony Pictures, and producers Kevin Feige and Amy Pascal conducted an extensive search for both the actor and the director. The studios and producers were impressed by Holland’s performances in The Impossible, Wolf Hall, and In the Heart of the Sea, and by a series of complex screen tests.
- Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige told Collider that the next Spider-Man will be a 15- or 16-year-old Peter Parker. "In terms of the age of what we believe Peter Parker is, I’d say 15-16 is right. Some of my favorite Spider-Man arcs and Spider-Man stories, he’s in high school for a lot of it,” he said. “We want to explore that. That also makes him very, very different from any of our other characters in the [Marvel Cinematic Universe], which is something else we want to explore: how unique he is when now put against all these other characters."
- As producer Kevin Feige: "Marvel's involvement will hopefully deliver the creative continuity and authenticity that fans demand from the MCU. I am equally excited for the opportunity to have Spider-Man appear in the MCU, something which both we at Marvel, and fans alike, have been looking forward to for years."
- Sony Pictures and Disney owned-Marvel Studios are partnering to bring a new version of the Spider-Man character to life (Hollywood Reporter, 2/10/15). The new Spider-Man will first appear in a Marvel film (likely Captain America: Civil War). Andrew Garfield is not expected to reprise the character. Once the character is re-launched, Sony will release a new Spider-Man movie on July 28, 2017.
On or about June 19, 2017, the film was in Completed status.
On or about December 9, 2016, the film was in Post-Production status.
On or about July 8, 2016, the film was in Production status.
Production has started in Atlanta.
On or about March 7, 2016, the film was in Pre-Production status.
Filming is expected to begin in late June 2016. Shooting locations will include Atlanta, Georgia and New York City.
On or about February 10, 2015, the film was in Announced status.
Spider-Man franchise will be rebooted once again to align with the Marvel Universe films.
Spider-Man: Homecoming Release Date: When was it released?
When will the movie be on DVD?Tuesday, October 17, 2017
Released; Now Available Buy | Rent Now
Questions: Asked About Spider-Man: Homecoming
Looking for more information on Spider-Man: Homecoming?
Check out the below links, may contain affiliate links.