A subversive comedy in which Michael Moore, playing the role of "invader," visits a host of nations to learn how the U.S. could improve its own prospects. The creator of Fahrenheit 9/11 and Bowling fo...
U.S. Release DateWhere to Invade Next release date was Wednesday, December 23, 2015. This was a New York / Los Angeles release.
Friday, February 12, 2016. in 300 theaters
Tuesday, May 10, 2016
Released; Now Available Buy | Rent Now
Cast more cast
Rating MPAAR for language, some violent images, drug use and brief graphic nudity
Storylines 2 more
A subversive comedy in which Michael Moore, playing the role of "invader," visits a host of nations to learn how the U.S. could improve its own prospects. The creator of Fahrenheit 9/11 and Bowling for Columbine is back with this hilarious and eye-opening call to arms. Turns out the solutions to America's most entrenched problems already existed in the world - they're just waiting to be co-opted.
Trivia & Production Notes
- Michael Moore's first film in six years.
- The film will open theatrically in New York and Los Angeles on December 23, 2015 with a nationwide expansion to follow on February 12, 2016 (originally was January 16, 2016).
- Michael Moore will stage a six-week bus tour to promote the film, starting January 4th.
- The film has been shortlisted by the Academy’s documentary branch as one of 15 finalists for the five nominations.
- Per Variety (12/12/15), the documentary compares European countries’ approaches to healthcare, gun control and education with the way the U.S. tackles those issues.