2019 | Crime True Story
A take on the Manson Family murders. more
In Movie Theaters U.S. Friday, August 9
A take on the Manson Family murders.
Trivia & Production Notes
- The plan is to shoot in 2018, possibly in the summer (Hollywood Reporter, 7/11/17).
- Tarantino met with Margot Robbie to potentially play Sharon Tate, the actress wife of director Roman Polanski who was killed (Deadline.com, 7/12/17).
- Samuel L. Jackson, Brad Pitt and Jennifer Lawrence are all potential cast mates (Deadline.com, 7/12/17).
- Tarantino has had conversations with Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt and Leonardo DiCaprio for the two main lead male roles (Deadline.com, 11/17/17).
- The film will begin production in mid-2018 for a 2019 release, and it will be an R-rated film (Deadline.com, 11/17/17).
- The film will be released on the 50th anniversary of the day the Manson family committed the LaBianca murders.
- Tarantino says it’s not a biopic, but is an ensemble film set during the tumultuous time period (Variety, 12/1/17).
- Tarantino promised the film is "probably the closest to Pulp Fiction that I have done (CinemaCon, 4/23/18)."
- As Tarantino explains, "Once Upon a Time in Hollywood takes place in 1969, at the height of the counterculture hippie revolution and the height of new Hollywood. Street by street, block by block, we'll transform Los Angeles into the Hollywood of 1969 (CinemaCon, 4/23/18)."
Also Known As
- Untitled Quentin Tarantino/1969 Project
Questions & Answers Have a question about this movie? Ask it!