Runtime: 2 hrs, 9 m
Aladdin Official stills & photos 19 more
Aladdin Plot: What's the story?
The tale of the charming street rat Aladdin, the courageous and self-determined Princess Jasmine and the Genie who may be the key to their future.
4.40 / 5 stars (25 users)
Poll: Will you see Aladdin?
Aladdin Cast: Who are the actors?
- Will Smith ... Genie
Bad Boys for Life, King Richard
- Mena Massoud ... Aladdin
Run This Town, Lamya’s Poem
- Naomi Scott (III) ... Jasmine
- Marwan Kenzari ... Jafar
Collide, The Mummy
- Nasim Pedrad ... Mara
- Billy Magnussen ... Prince Anders
No Time to Die, The Many Saints of Newark
Film Details & Notes: What do we know about Aladdin?
- Eight-time Academy Award®-winning composer Alan Menken provides the score, which includes new recordings of the original songs written by Menken and Oscar®-winning lyricists Howard Ashman and Tim Rice and includes two new songs written by Menken and lyrics by Oscar and Tony Award®-winning songwriters Benj Pasek and Justin Paul.
- The Aladdin cast includes: Will Smith as the Genie who has the power to grant three wishes to whoever possesses his magic lamp; Mena Massoud as Aladdin, the hapless but lovable street rat who is smitten with the Sultan’s daughter; Naomi Scott as Princess Jasmine, the Sultan’s beautiful daughter who wants to have a say in how she lives her life; Marwan Kenzari as Jafar, an evil sorcerer who devises a nefarious plot to unseat the Sultan and rule Agrabah himself; Navid Negahban as the Sultan, the ruler of Agrabah who is eager to find a proper husband for his daughter, Jasmine; Nasim Pedrad as Dalia, Princess Jasmine’s hand maiden and confidante; Billy Magnussen as Prince Anders, a suitor from Skanland and potential husband for Princess Jasmine; and Numan Acar as Hakim, Jafar’s right-hand man and head of the palace guards (Disney, 9/5/17).
- Billy Magnussen will take on the new role created for the movie (Hollywood Reporter, 9/5/17).
- Aims to follow that of Disney’s 1992 animated classic and the folktales in One Thousand and One Nights (Hollywood Reporter, 8/4/17).
- Nasim Pedrad will play comedic supporting Mara, a handmaiden and friend to Jasmine (Hollywood Reporter, 8/4/17).
- The film will be likely be in a non-linear storyline format (Hollywood Reporter, 10/16/16).
- Sources say the film will keep many of the musical elements of the original. Still to be determined is the approach to the Genie (Hollywood Reporter, 10/16/16).
- A live-action adaptation of its 1992 animated classic.
Crew and Production Credits: Who's making Aladdin?
A look at the Aladdin behind-the-scenes crew and production team. The film's director Guy Ritchie last directed The Gentlemen and King Arthur: Legend of the Sword. The film's writer John August last wrote Frankenweenie and Dark Shadows.
Aladdin Trailers & Videos
Production Timeline: When did the Aladdin come together?
On or about April 12, 2019 • The film was in Completed status.
On or about April 29, 2018 • The film was in Post-Production status.
On or about September 6, 2017 • The film was in Production status.
Production is currently underway at Longcross Studios outside London.
On or about July 15, 2017 • The film was in Pre-Production status.
On or about October 10, 2016 • The film was in Development status.
Guy Ritchie (Sherlock Holmes) is in negotiations to helm Disney’s live-action adaptation of its 1992 animated classic.
Aladdin Release Date: When was it released?Aladdin was released in 2019 on Friday, May 24, 2019 in nationwide movie theaters. There were 12 other movies released on the same date, including Booksmart, BrightBurn and Rim of the World.
- United States
- May 24, 2019 Nationwide
- May 24, 2019
When will the movie be on DVD?Tuesday, September 10, 2019
Released; Now Available Buy | Rent Now