Plot: What's the story about?
Trapped in a violent, controlling relationship with a wealthy and brilliant scientist, Cecilia Kass (Moss) escapes in the dead of night and disappears into hiding, aided by her sister, their childhood friend, and his teenage daughter. But when Cecilia’s abusive ex (Oliver Jackson-Cohen), commits suicide and leaves her a generous portion of his vast fortune, Cecilia suspects his death was a hoax. As a series of eerie coincidences turns lethal, threatening the lives of those she loves, Cecilia’s sanity begins to unravel as she desperately tries to prove that she is being hunted by someone nobody can see.
3.93 / 5 stars (15 users)
Poll: Will you see The Invisible Man?
Who stars in The Invisible Man: Cast List
Elisabeth Moss ... Cecilia Kass
"A Letter From Rosemary Kennedy" , "Shirley"
Storm Reid ... Sydney
"The Suicide Squad" , "A Wrinkle in Time"
Oliver Jackson-Cohen ... Invisible Man
"Mr. Malcolm's List" , "The Lost Daughter"
"Black Adam" , "What Men Want"
Who's making The Invisible Man: Crew List
A look at the The Invisible Man behind-the-scenes crew and production team. The film's director Leigh Whannell last directed Upgrade and Insidious: Chapter 3. The film's writer Leigh Whannell last wrote Upgrade and Insidious: The Last Key.
Kylie du Fresne
Production: What we know about The Invisible Man?
- The Invisible Man is a co-production of Goalpost Pictures Australia and Blumhouse Productions, in association with Nervous Tick, for Universal Pictures.
- The Invisible Man is written, directed and executive produced by Leigh Whannell, one of the original conceivers of the Saw franchise who most recently directed Upgrade and Insidious: Chapter 3.
- Jason Blum, our current-day master of the horror genre, produces The Invisible Man for his Blumhouse Productions.
- Oliver Jackson-Cohen (The Haunting of Hill House) plays the "Invisible Man" (5/28/19).
- This will be part of Universal’s burgeoning monster universe (Hollywood Reporter, 2/9/15).
- The new project is based on the HG Wells novel.
- January 2020: The film was in Completed status.
- November 2019: The film was in Post-Production status.
- May 2019: The film was in Production status.
- May 2019: The film was in Pre-Production status.
- January 2019: The film was in Development status.
- February 2016: The film was in Development status.
- December 2008: The film was in Development status.
Production in Sydney, Australia starting July 2019.
Leigh Whannell has signed on to direct a reboot for Universal.
The Invisible Man Release Date: When was the film released?
The Invisible Man was released in 2020 on Friday, February 28, 2020 (Nationwide release). There were 11 other movies released on the same date, including Disappearance At Clifton Hill, The Ride and All The Bright Places.