sequences of sci-fi violence and action PARENTS STRONGLY CAUTIONED
Plot: What's the story about?
Fueled by his restored faith in humanity and inspired by Superman’s selfless act, Bruce Wayne enlists the help of his newfound ally, Diana Prince, to face an even greater enemy. Together, Batman and Wonder Woman work quickly to find and recruit a team of metahumans to stand against this newly awakened threat. But despite the formation of this unprecedented league of heroes—Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Cyborg and The Flash—it may already be too late to save the planet from an assault of catastrophic proportions.
official plot version from warnerbros.com
4.03 / 5 stars (165 users)
Poll: Will you see Zack Snyder's Justice League?
Who stars in Zack Snyder's Justice League: Cast List
Henry Cavill ... Clark Kent / Superman
Argylle, The Rosie Project
Ben Affleck ... Bruce Wayne / Batman
Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom, The Flash
Gal Gadot ... Diana Prince / Wonder Woman
Snow White, Fast & Furious 6
Jason Momoa ... Arthur Curry / Aquaman
Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom, Fast X
Ezra Miller ... Barry Allen / The Flash
The Flash, Dalíland
J.K. Simmons ... Commissioner Gordon
Rally Road Racers, One Day As A Lion
Willem Dafoe ... Vulko
Poor Things, Inside
Who's making Zack Snyder's Justice League: Crew List
A look at the Zack Snyder's Justice League behind-the-scenes crew and production team. The film's director Zack Snyder last directed Army of the Dead and Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. The film's writer Will Beall last wrote Aquaman and Gangster Squad.
Watch Zack Snyder's Justice League Trailers & Videos
Production: What we know about Zack Snyder's Justice League?
- Zack Snyder estimates to Vanity Fair that reshoots and post-production costs carried a $70 million price tag (2/27/2021).
- Heavily influenced by Jack Kirby and revolves around the quest for three Mother Boxes; one on Earth, one in Atlantis, and one in Themyscira (Joblo, 6/21/16).
- This film will have a much lighter tone than Batman v Superman; it's a fun ensemble focused on Batman assembling the team (Joblo, 6/21/16).
- Justice League takes place months after the events of Batman v Superman (Joblo, 6/21/16).
- Based on the comic books published by DC Comics. Warner Bros. Pictures originally tried to do a Justice League movie several years ago, with George Miller directing from a script by Kieran and Michele Mulroney; however, the project was canned in 2008 due to a lack of tax breaks and script issues (Daily Variety, 06-05-12).
- 2017 - December: The film was set to Completed status.
- 2016 - December: The film was set to Post-Production status.
- 2016 - April: The film was set to Production status.
Principal photography commenced on April 11, 2016, with shooting taking place at Warner Bros. Studios, Leavesden, as well as various locations around London, Scotland and in Iceland.
- 2016 - March: The film was set to Pre-Production status.
Start shooting in mid-April 2016.
- 2014 - April: The film was set to Development status.
Zack Snyder has signed on to direct the film with Henry Cavill, Ben Affleck and Gal Gadot, all expected to reprise their roles.
- 2013 - July: The film was set to Development status.
Sources tell Hollywood Reporter that a tentative plan has Justice League scheduled for 2017.
- 2012 - October: The film was set to Development status.
Warner hopes to shoot the film next year and release it in the summer of 2015. The studio already has a "Justice League" script in the works. Next it needs to attach a director and then cast the lead roles.
- 2012 - February: The film was set to Development status.
- 2011 - March: The film was set to Development status.
Aiming for a 2013 release
- 2010 - August: The film was set to Concept status.