sequences of sci-fi violence and action PARENTS STRONGLY CAUTIONED
Plot: What's the story about?
Fueled by his restored faith in humanity and inspired by Superman’s selfless act, Bruce Wayne enlists the help of his newfound ally, Diana Prince, to face an even greater enemy. Together, Batman and Wonder Woman work quickly to find and recruit a team of metahumans to stand against this newly awakened threat. But despite the formation of this unprecedented league of heroes—Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Cyborg and The Flash—it may already be too late to save the planet from an assault of catastrophic proportions.
official plot version from warnerbros.com
4.01 / 5 stars (161 users)
Poll: Will you see Zack Snyder's Justice League?
Who stars in Zack Snyder's Justice League: Cast List
Henry Cavill ... Clark Kent / Superman
"Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice" , "Justice League 2"
Ben Affleck ... Bruce Wayne / Batman
"Deep Water" , "The Flash"
Gal Gadot ... Diana Prince / Wonder Woman
"Wonder Woman 1984" , "Death on the Nile"
Jason Momoa ... Arthur Curry / Aquaman
"Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice" , "Aquaman"
Ezra Miller ... Barry Allen / The Flash
"Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them 3" , "The Flash"
J.K. Simmons ... Commissioner Gordon
"The Tomorrow War" , "Zootopia"
Willem Dafoe ... Vulko
"John Carter" , "The Great Wall"
Who's making Zack Snyder's Justice League: Crew List
A look at the Zack Snyder's Justice League behind-the-scenes crew and production team. The film's director Zack Snyder last directed Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice and Man of Steel. The film's writer Will Beall last wrote Aquaman and Gangster Squad.
Barrie M. Osborne
Watch: Zack Snyder's Justice League Trailers & Videos
Production: What we know about Zack Snyder's Justice League?
- Zack Snyder estimates to Vanity Fair that reshoots and post-production costs carried a $70 million price tag (2/27/2021).
- Heavily influenced by Jack Kirby and revolves around the quest for three Mother Boxes; one on Earth, one in Atlantis, and one in Themyscira (Joblo, 6/21/16).
- This film will have a much lighter tone than Batman v Superman; it's a fun ensemble focused on Batman assembling the team (Joblo, 6/21/16).
- Justice League takes place months after the events of Batman v Superman (Joblo, 6/21/16).
- Based on the comic books published by DC Comics. Warner Bros. Pictures originally tried to do a Justice League movie several years ago, with George Miller directing from a script by Kieran and Michele Mulroney; however, the project was canned in 2008 due to a lack of tax breaks and script issues (Daily Variety, 06-05-12).
- December 2017: The film was in Completed status.
- December 2016: The film was in Post-Production status.
- April 2016: The film was in Production status.
- March 2016: The film was in Pre-Production status.
- April 2014: The film was in Development status.
- July 2013: The film was in Development status.
- October 2012: The film was in Development status.
- February 2012: The film was in Development status.
- March 2011: The film was in Development status.
- August 2010: The film was in Concept status.
Principal photography commenced on April 11, 2016, with shooting taking place at Warner Bros. Studios, Leavesden, as well as various locations around London, Scotland and in Iceland.
Start shooting in mid-April 2016.
Zack Snyder has signed on to direct the film with Henry Cavill, Ben Affleck and Gal Gadot, all expected to reprise their roles.
Sources tell Hollywood Reporter that a tentative plan has Justice League scheduled for 2017.
Warner hopes to shoot the film next year and release it in the summer of 2015. The studio already has a "Justice League" script in the works. Next it needs to attach a director and then cast the lead roles.
Aiming for a 2013 release
Zack Snyder's Justice League Release Date: When was the film released?
Zack Snyder's Justice League was released in 2017 on Friday, November 17, 2017 (Nationwide release). There were 12 other movies released on the same date, including Wonder, The Star and Roman J. Israel, Esq.