Wednesday, February 12, 2014 (Nationwide)
intense sequences of action including frenetic gun violence throughout, brief strong language, sensuality and some drug material PARENTS STRONGLY CAUTIONED
Plot: What's the story about?
In RoboCop, the year is 2028 and multinational conglomerate OmniCorp is at the center of robot technology. Overseas, their drones have been used by the military for years – and it’s meant billions for OmniCorp’s bottom line. Now OmniCorp wants to bring their controversial technology to the home front, and they see a golden opportunity to do it. When Alex Murphy (Joel Kinnaman) – a loving husband, father and good cop doing his best to stem the tide of crime and corruption in Detroit – is critically injured in the line of duty, OmniCorp sees their chance for a part-man, part-robot police officer. OmniCorp envisions a RoboCop in every city and even more billions for their shareholders, but they never counted on one thing: there is still a man inside the machine pursuing justice.
official plot version from trailers.apple.com
3.85 / 5 stars (105 users)
Poll: Will you see Robocop?
Who stars in Robocop: Cast List
Joel Kinnaman ... Robocop
"The Suicide Squad" , "The Informer"
Jackie Earle Haley ... Maddox
"Watchmen" , "London Has Fallen"
Gary Oldman ... Norton
"Crisis" , "The Dark Knight Rises"
"Spiral: From the Book of Saw" , "The Hitman's Wife's Bodyguard"
"The Virtuoso" , "Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole"
Who's making Robocop: Crew List
A look at the Robocop behind-the-scenes crew and production team. The film's director Jose Padilha last directed 7 Days in Entebbe and Rio, I Love You. The film's writer David Self last wrote The Parsifal Mosaic and Old Man’s War.
Production: What we know about Robocop?
- In this re-envisioning of the 1987 classic movie, the year is 2041 and multinational conglomerate OmniCorp is at the center of robot technology. Their drones are winning American wars around the globe and now they want to bring this technology to the home front.
- December 2013: The film was in Completed status.
- March 2013: The film was in Post-Production status.
- September 2012: The film was in Production status.
- September 2011: The film was in Pre-Production status.
- February 2011: The film was in Development status.
- January 2010: The film was in Shutdown status.
Preliminary plans to shoot in early 2012
Fast-tracking Robocop for a 2010 release failed due to MGM's bankruptcy. With a reborn MGM, they're trying again.