Indiana Jones 5 movie production status is currently Post-Production
May 26, 2022 • Filming completed; editing of shot film; music composition and recordings, as well as sound and visual effects being added
Friday, June 30, 2023 Nationwide
Plot: What's the story about?
Famed archaeologist and explorer Indiana Jones returns in a fifth movie.
official plot version from lucasfilm.com
Poll: Will you see Indiana Jones 5?
Who stars in Indiana Jones 5: Cast List
Harrison Ford ... Indiana Jones
Captain America: New World Order, Star Wars: The Force Awakens
If, Solo: A Star Wars Story
Riders Of Justice, Chaos Walking
Puss in Boots: The Last Wish, Uncharted
Who's making Indiana Jones 5: Crew List
A look at the Indiana Jones 5 behind-the-scenes crew and production team. The film's director James Mangold last directed Ford v Ferrari and Logan. The film's writer David Koepp last wrote KIMI and You Should Have Left.
Watch Indiana Jones 5 Trailers & Videos
Production: What we know about Indiana Jones 5?
- Oscar-winning composer John Williams will score the film (4/10/2021). Williams has scored every Indiana Jones film dating back to 1981's Raiders of the Lost Ark.
- Fleabag actress Phoebe Waller-Bridge has been cast to star opposite Harrison Ford (4/10/2021).
- Deadline (3/15/2016) reported George Lucas is not involved.
- Famed archaeologist and explorer Indiana Jones was introduced in 1981’s Raiders of the Lost Ark
- As stated in the release date announcement (3/15/16), "Indiana Jones is one of the greatest heroes in cinematic history, and we can’t wait to bring him back to the screen in 2019," said Alan Horn, Chairman, The Walt Disney Studios. "It’s rare to have such a perfect combination of director, producers, actor and role, and we couldn’t be more excited to embark on this adventure with Harrison and Steven."
- At the British Academy Britannia Awards, Steven Spielberg teased, “I can’t wait to work with you [Harrison Ford] again on Indiana Jones 5. This is NO announcement, just my fervent hope,” he said (AwardsLine, 10/31/2015).
- Steven Spielberg wants Chris Pratt to anchor the rebirth of Indiana Jones (Variety, 2/20/15).
- 2022 - May: The film was set to Post-Production status.
- 2021 - July: The film was set to Production status.
- 2021 - April: The film was set to Pre-Production status.
Production is set to begin summer 2021.
- 2020 - February: The film was set to Development status.
Ford v Ferrari director James Mangold is in talks to take the helming reins from Steven Spielberg.
- 2018 - June: The film was set to Development status.
Jonathan Kasdan, son of Raiders of the Lost Ark scribe Lawrence Kasdan, will work on a new draft of the screenplay.
- 2018 - March: The film was set to Pre-Production status.
Steven Spielberg is planning to start shooting April 2019 in the U.K.
- 2016 - March: The film was set to Development status.
Indiana Jones will return to the big screen on July 19, 2019, for a fifth epic adventure in the blockbuster series.
- 2013 - January: The film was set to Announced status.
As Steven Spielberg stated: "I will not make another Indiana Jones film unless it's based on George's story." Lucas intends for that to happen, says Spielberg, though the timetable is unclear.
- 2011 - April: The film was set to Concept status.
- 2009 - October: The film was set to Development status.
- 2009 - June: The film was set to Concept status.