Plot: What's the story about?
The film follows Reid, who has always been obsessed with UFOs. While on a weekend trip to Vegas, he convinces two friends to join him on a mission to break into Area 51, where they find terrifying proof of alien presence.
official plot version from paramount.com
3.64 / 5 stars (113 users)
Poll: Will you see Area 51?
Who stars in Area 51: Cast List
Who's making Area 51: Crew List
A look at the Area 51 behind-the-scenes crew and production team. The film's director Oren Peli last directed Paranormal Activity. The film's writer Oren Peli last wrote Paranormal Activity and The Diary of Lawson Oxford.
Watch: Area 51 Trailers & Videos
Production: What we know about Area 51?
- Area 51 will debut Friday, May 15th and run through Sunday, May 17th with one showtime daily. The film will receive one-weekend-only limited engagements exclusively at 16 Alamo Drafthouse Cinema locations.
- June 2014: The film was in Completed status.
- June 2011: The film was in Post-Production status.
- December 2009: The film was in Post-Production status.
- October 2009: The film was in Production status.
- September 2009: The film was in Pre-Production status.
Producer Jason Blum told ShockTillYouDrop that he expected filming to be complete in 3-4 months (Nov-Dec 2011)
Area 51 Release Date: When was the film released?
Area 51 was released in 2015 on Friday, May 15, 2015 (Limited release). There were 12 other movies released on the same date, including Mad Max: Fury Road, Absolution and I'll See You in My Dreams. 16 Alamo Drafthouse Cinemas
VOD/DigitalFriday, May 15, 2015
Released; Watch Now! Buy | Rent Now