Primatologist Davis Okoye (Johnson), a man who keeps people at a distance, shares an unshakable bond with George, the extraordinarily intelligent, silverback gorilla who has been in his care since bir... full plot below
U.S. Release DateRampage release date was Friday, April 13, 2018. This was a Nationwide in theaters release.
Cast more cast
Rating MPAAPG-13 for sequences of violence, action and destruction, brief language, and crude gestures
Storylines 4 more
Primatologist Davis Okoye (Johnson), a man who keeps people at a distance, shares an unshakable bond with George, the extraordinarily intelligent, silverback gorilla who has been in his care since birth. But a rogue genetic experiment gone awry transforms this gentle ape into a raging monster. To make matters worse, it’s soon discovered there are other similarly altered alpha predators. As these newly created monsters tear across North America, destroying everything in their path, Okoye teams with a discredited genetic engineer to secure an antidote, fighting his way through an ever-changing battlefield, not only to halt a global catastrophe but to save the fearsome creature that was once his friend.
official plot version from warnerbros.com
Trivia & Production Notes
- Based on 1980s Midway Games' videogame.
- Much of the key players worked together on the summer hit San Andreas.
- Dwayne Johnson (2/4/16) said production is likely to start at the end of summer depending on how Baywatch and Furious 8 schedules pan out.
- Naomie Harris will star opposite him as a geneticist with a moral streak (Hollywood Reporter, 1/25/17).
- Malin Akerman will play the movie's villainess, a calculating head of a tech company that is behind the monsters (Hollywood Reporter, 3/16/17).