An epic love story set during one of the most devastating battles in modern history. more
In Movie Theaters U.S.Friday, February 28, 2014 Limited Release IMAX Only
Rating MPAAR for sequences of war violence
Storylines 2 more
Stalingrad is a drama set in 1942, during one of the most important battles of World War II, which stopped the progress of Nazi forces and turned the tide of war in favor of the Allies. The Soviet army mounts a counter-attack on the Nazi forces that occupy half of Stalingrad on the other side of the Volga, but the operation to cross the river is unsuccessful. A few soldiers who managed to get to the other side take refuge in a house on the bank of Volga. Here they find a girl who didn’t escape when the Germans came. While the whole might of the German army descends onto them, the heroes of Stalingrad experience love, loss, joy and the sense of ultimate freedom that can only be felt by those about to die. They defend the house at all costs while the Red Army prepares for another attack.
official plot version from sonyclassics.com
- The first Russian-made feature to be released in the immersive IMAX® 3D format.
- The movie was shot completely on location in Russia.
- Columbia Pictures will release Fedor Bondarchuk's Stalingrad in the United States for a one-week exclusive engagement in IMAX® 3D theatres nationwide on Feb. 28.
- The 3D World War II drama has recently become the highest-grossing Russian movie of all time, earning $66.1 million in its six-week theatre run.
Also Known As
- Stalingrad: An IMAX 3D Experience