No Poster Available
|In Movie Theaters:||Friday, October 14, 2016 Nationwide|
|Tom Hanks . . . Robert Langdon |
|Companies:||Sony Pictures & 1 more|
Harvard symbologist Robert Langdon tries to stop a global genocide scheme by following clues in Dante Alighieri's "The Divine Comedy" which take him to Florence and Venice, Italy. He battles a chilling adversary and grapples with an ingenious riddle that pulls him into a landscape of classic art, secret passageways, and futuristic science.
Based on the novel by Dan Brown which was published in May 2013 by Doubleday.
Tom Hanks had been expected to reprise his role as Robert Langdon in The Lost Symbol, the third novel in Dan Brown's book series. But Howard had bowed out of that project, which is now on the back burner, saying he wanted to produce it with Brian Grazer but not direct (Deadline Hollywood, 7/17/2013).
The Da Vinci Code took in $758 million worldwide in 2006, while Angels & Demons earned $485 million globally in 2009.
Questions & Answers:
Production Updates (15)
- From Mon., February 16, 2015 to Wed., July 17, 2013
- Sony Pictures Mon., February 16, 2015
- changed the US film release date from December 18, 2015 to October 14, 2016
- changed the production status to Pre-Production
- added IMDb link
- Deadline Tue., August 26, 2014
- changed the production status to Development
- added David Koepp as screenwriter to credits
- Sony Pictures Wed., July 17, 2013
- added Imagine Entertainment as a production company
- added Ron Howard as director to the film's credits
- added Tom Hanks as Robert Langdon to the film's credits
Dope Theatrical Trailer
The Forger Theatrical Trailer
War Room Theatrical Teaser
Southpaw Theatrical Trailer
No Escape Theatrical Trailer