No Poster Available
|In Movie Theaters:||Friday, December 18, 2015 Nationwide|
|Tom Hanks . . . Robert Langdon |
|Companies:||Sony Pictures & 1 more|
Harvard symbologist Robert Langdon tries to stop a global genocide scheme by following clues in Dante Alighieri's "The Divine Comedy" which take him to Florence and Venice, Italy. He battles a chilling adversary and grapples with an ingenious riddle that pulls him into a landscape of classic art, secret passageways, and futuristic science.
Based on the novel by Dan Brown which was published in May 2013 by Doubleday.
Tom Hanks had been expected to reprise his role as Robert Langdon in The Lost Symbol, the third novel in Dan Brown's book series. But Howard had bowed out of that project, which is now on the back burner, saying he wanted to produce it with Brian Grazer but not direct (Deadline Hollywood, 7/17/2013).
The Da Vinci Code took in $758 million worldwide in 2006, while Angels & Demons earned $485 million globally in 2009.
Questions & Answers:
Production Updates (12)
- From Tue., August 26, 2014 to Wed., July 17, 2013
- Deadline Tue., August 26, 2014
- changed the production status to Development
- added David Koepp as screenwriter to credits
- Sony Pictures Wed., July 17, 2013
- added Imagine Entertainment as a production company
- added Ron Howard as director to the film's credits
- added Tom Hanks as Robert Langdon to the film's credits
- added Brian Grazer as producer to the film's credits
- added thriller as genre
- added a synopsis
- changed the production status to Announced
Pitch Perfect 2 Theatrical Trailer
Inside Out Meet Fear
Cinderella Theatrical Trailer
Mr. Peabody & Sherman Skiing TV Spot
Peanuts Theatrical Trailer