|In Movie Theaters:||Thursday, February 5, 2015 Nationwide 3D/2D; IMAX 3D|
|Jeff Bridges . . . Spook|
Julianne Moore . . . Mother Malkin
Alicia Vikander . . . Alice
Ben Barnes . . . Seventh Son
|Companies:||Universal Pictures & 3 more|
|Rating:||for intense fantasy violence and action throughout, frightening images and brief strong language .|
In a time long past, an evil is about to be unleashed that will reignite the war between the forces of the supernatural and humankind once more. Master Gregory (Jeff Bridges) is a knight who had imprisoned the malevolently powerful witch, Mother Malkin (Julianne Moore), centuries ago. But now she has escaped and is seeking vengeance. Summoning her followers of every incarnation, Mother Malkin is preparing to unleash her terrible wrath on an unsuspecting world. Only one thing stands in her way: Master Gregory.
In a deadly reunion, Gregory comes face to face with the evil he always feared would someday return. Now he has only until the next full moon to do what usually takes years: train his new apprentice, Tom Ward (Ben Barnes) to fight a dark magic unlike any other. Manís only hope lies in the seventh son of a seventh son.
View All Plots (3)official version from warnerbros.com
Based on the first book (Spook's Apprentice) in "The Wardstone Chronicles," series written by Joseph Delaney.
The behind-the-scenes team collaborating with Bodrov includes director of photography Newton Thomas Sigel (Drive); three-time Oscar-winning production designer Dante Ferretti ("Hugo," "Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street," "Aviator"); Oscar-nominated editor Paul Rubell ("Collateral," "The Insider"); Oscar-nominated costume designer Jacqueline West (The Curious Case of Benjamin Button), and Oscar-winning visual effects supervisor John Dykstra (Spider-Man).
Questions & Answers:
Production Updates (60)
- From Wed., December 11, 2013 to Fri., May 14, 2010
- Filmratings.com Wed., December 11, 2013
- changed the production status to Complete
- set the MPAA rating to PG-13 for intense fantasy violence and action throughout, frightening images and brief strong language
- Universal Pictures Wed., November 27, 2013
- changed the US film release date from TBA to February 5, 2015
- Warner Bros. Pictures Sun., September 1, 2013
- added posters to the gallery
- Box Office Mojo Sat., August 17, 2013
- changed the U.S. film release date from January 17, 2014 to TBA
- Deadline Sat., August 17, 2013
- changed the status of Universal Pictures to Current
Addicted Theatrical Trailer
Wheels Video Clip
Dinosaur 13 Theatrical Trailer
The One I Love Theatrical Trailer
Life After Beth Video Clip: Beth is Alive