The Legend Ends
Batman 3 Dark Knight Sequel Magnus Rex Fox Hills Green
|In Movie Theaters:||Friday, July 20, 2012 Nationwide|
|On Blu-ray & DVD:||Tuesday, December 4, 2012|
Released; Now Available Buy or Rent Availability
|Christian Bale . . . Bruce Wayne / Batman|
Michael Caine . . . Alfred
Gary Oldman . . . Jim Gordon
Tom Hardy . . . Bane
Anne Hathaway . . . Selina Kyle / Catwoman
Joseph Gordon-Levitt . . . John Blake
|Companies:||Warner Bros. Pictures & 5 more|
|Rating:||for intense sequences of violence and action, some sensuality and language.|
|Runtime:||2 hours, 45 minutes|
It has been eight years since Batman vanished into the night, turning, in that instant, from hero to fugitive. Assuming the blame for the death of D.A. Harvey Dent, the Dark Knight sacrificed everything for what he and Commissioner Gordon both hoped was the greater good. For a time the lie worked, as criminal activity in Gotham City was crushed under the weight of the anti-crime Dent Act.
But everything will change with the arrival of a cunning cat burglar with a mysterious agenda. Far more dangerous, however, is the emergence of Bane, a masked terrorist whose ruthless plans for Gotham drive Bruce out of his self-imposed exile. But even if he dons the cape and cowl again, Batman may be no match for Bane.
View All Plots (3)official version from warnerbros.com
The epic conclusion to filmmaker Christopher Nolan's Dark Knight trilogy.
In helming the film, Christopher Nolan utilized IMAX cameras even more extensively than he did on The Dark Knight, which had marked the first time ever that a major feature film was even partially shot with the large-format cameras.
The Dark Knight Rises will be presented on 70-millimeter film in 102 IMAX 15/70mm locations worldwide. Christopher Nolan stated, "Having shot almost half the picture with large-format IMAX film cameras, it is very important to me that we show The Dark Knight Rises in the IMAX film format wherever possible. Audiences everywhere should be assured that every presentation of the film will be of the highest standard—having benefited from the clarity and depth IMAX cameras offer. However, these 102 screens will showcase the original IMAX film photography in its optimum form, and I hope anyone who has an opportunity to experience the film in these theatres will seek it out."
Questions & Answers:
- Who are the villains?
- Bane and Catwoman
- Is Robin in this movie?
- Christopher Nolan has said that he would not put Robin in his Batman movies. However, there was a hint about Robin in the trailer.
- Does Batman / Bruce Wayne die in this film?
- This is a popular question, but clearly one that involves spoilers and plot secrets that should not be available until the movie comes out.
- Is this really the last Batman movie or is it just a conclusion to this trilogy?
- As examples, look at what happened with the Spider-Man and Bourne movie.
- Who is John Blake?
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt (500 Days of Summer, Inception) is playing a cop named John Blake. There is speculation the name could be an alias.
- What about DC's Justice League?
- See the profile linked below for updates.
Trailers & Videos (22)
4.62 out of 5 stars (529 users) Add Review
Production Updates (106)
- From Mon., October 8, 2012 to Fri., August 8, 2008
- Amazon Mon., October 8, 2012
- added the US DVD release date of December 4, 2012
- YouTube Wed., July 11, 2012
- added TV Spot #6 to trailers & videos
- Warner Bros. Pictures Tue., July 10, 2012
- added Theatrical Trailer #3 to trailers & videos
- added a synopsis
- YouTube Sun., July 8, 2012
- added Behind-the-Scenes Featurette to trailers & videos
- YouTube Sat., July 7, 2012
- added IMAX TV Spot to trailers & videos
Belle Behind-the-Scenes Featurette
Gone Girl Theatrical Teaser
Hercules TV Spot
Beneath the Harvest Sky Theatrical Trailer