Video game bad guy Ralph (voice of John C. Reilly) and fellow misfit Vanellope von Schweetz (voice of Sarah Silverman) navigate the vast and dynamic world wide web in search of a replacement part to save Vanellope’s game, Sugar Rush. more
In Movie Theaters U.S.Wednesday, November 21, 2018 2D/3D, IMAX 3D
Cast more cast
Rating MPAANot Available
Storylines 4 more
Ralph Breaks the Internet: Wreck-It Ralph 2 leaves Litwak’s video arcade behind, venturing into the uncharted, expansive and thrilling world of the internet—which may or may not survive Ralph’s wrecking. Video game bad guy Ralph (voice of John C. Reilly) and fellow misfit Vanellope von Schweetz (voice of Sarah Silverman) must risk it all by traveling to the world wide web in search of a replacement part to save Vanellope’s video game, Sugar Rush. In way over their heads, Ralph and Vanellope rely on the citizens of the internet—the netizens—to help navigate their way, including a webite entrepreneur named Yesss (voice of Taraji P. Henson), who is the head algorithm and the heart and soul of trend-making site “BuzzzTube.”
official plot version from disney.com
Trivia & Production Notes
- "We'll really come up with something good for Mario to do [in the next film]," explained director Rob Moore. "To be able to present him in the sequel, would be great (2014)."
- Wreck-It Ralph grossed more than $470 million in 2012. When Wreck-It Ralph opened on Nov. 2, 2012, it turned in the highest opening weekend ever for a Walt Disney Animation Studios film at the time of release. Nominated for an Oscar and Golden Globe for best animated feature, “Wreck-It Ralph” won the PGA Award for outstanding producer of an animated theatrical motion picture as well as five Annie Awards, including best animated feature, director, cast and screenplay.
- "From the moment we started working on the first Wreck-It Ralph, we knew there were so many possibilities with these characters," said director Rich Moore, who has been developing it since shortly after the release of the first film. "This time, Ralph’s wrecking wreaks havoc on the Web
- At D23 Expo, Disney showed a just-for-attendees clip from the new movie where Vanellope meets all the Disney and Pixar princesses: Moana, Elsa, Ariel, Snow White, Belle, etc. (7/14/17).
- When Wreck-It Ralph opened on Nov. 2, 2012, it turned in the highest opening weekend ever for a Walt Disney Animation Studios film at the time of release.
- Gal Gadot will voice the character Shank, a tough and talented driver in an intense and gritty online racing game called Slaughter Race (8/13/18).
Also Known As
- Wreck-It Ralph Sequel
- Wreck-It Ralph 2
- Ralph Breaks the Internet: Wreck-It Ralph 2