Wednesday, November 21, 2018 (Nationwide)
Plot: What's the story about?
Life has become a balancing act for Adonis Creed. Between personal obligations and training for his next big fight, he is up against the challenge of his life. Facing an opponent with ties to his family's past only intensifies his impending battle in the ring. Rocky Balboa is there by his side through it all and, together, Rocky and Adonis will confront their shared legacy, question what's worth fighting for, and discover that nothing's more important than family. Creed II is about going back to basics to rediscover what made you a champion in the first place, and remembering that, no matter where you go, you can't escape your history.
official plot version from mgm.com
4.19 / 5 stars (21 users)
Poll: Will you see Creed II?
Cast: Who stars in it?
Crew: Who's making Creed II
A look at the Creed II behind-the-scenes crew and production team. The film's director Steven Caple Jr. last directed The Land. The film's writer Sylvester Stallone last wrote Rambo: Last Blood and Homefront.
Creed II Trailers & Videos
Production: What we know about Creed II
- "When I wrote and directed Creed, I wanted to tell a human story about a family from a new perspective, while also paying homage to the Rocky characters we've all grown up knowing and loving. I've known Steven was an amazing filmmaker since our days at USC film school together, so I can't wait to see what he, Sly, Mike and Tessa bring to this next chapter," said executive producer Ryan Coogler (4/2/18).
- Creed II is the continuation of the Rocky saga and sequel to the 2015 critically acclaimed and crowd-pleasing 2015 hit Creed, which took in more than $170 million at the worldwide box office.
- Rocky IV's antagonist, Russian boxer Ivan Drago, could factor into the plot of the next Creed film, per Sylvester Stallone (Instagram, 7/1/17).
- One version of the story would take place in the past (possibly with Carl Weathers to play Apollo Creed), or a linear story with Apollo’s son Adonis (Michael B. Jordan) taking on another challenger (Variety, 1/5/16).
- Per Variety (1/5/16), it's not clear if Ryan Coogler, who is in negotiations for Marvel’s Black Panther, will return as director of the next Creed. Coogler and Stallone have already discussed sequel ideas.
On or about December 31, 2018, the film was in Completed status.
On or about June 20, 2018, the film was in Post-Production status.
On or about April 3, 2018, the film was in Production status.
Production begins April 2, 2018 in Philadelphia. Filming will take place primarily in Philadelphia with additional locations in New Mexico.
On or about July 4, 2017, the film was in Pre-Production status.
On or about January 11, 2016, the film was in Development status.
On or about January 5, 2016, the film was in Announced status.
"There’s no doubt that we’re making a 'Creed 2,'" says MGM CEO Gary Barber, per Variety.
Creed II Release Date: When was it released?
Creed II was released in 2018 on Wednesday, November 21, 2018 (Nationwide release). There were 4 other movies released on the same date, including Robin Hood, Ralph Breaks the Internet and The Front-Runner.
When will the movie be on Blu-ray & DVD?Tuesday, March 5, 2019
Released; Now Available Buy | Rent Now
Questions: Asked About Creed II
Looking for more information on Creed II?
Check out the below links, may contain affiliate links.