A diverse team of explorers is brought together to venture deep into an uncharted island in the Pacific – as beautiful as it is treacherous – unaware that they’re crossing into the domain of the... more
In Movie Theaters U.S.Friday, March 10, 2017
Tuesday, July 18, 2017
Coming Soon (21 days to go!) Pre-Order
Cast more cast
Rating MPAAPG-13 for intense sequences of sci-fi violence and action, and for brief strong language
Storylines 4 more
A diverse team of explorers is brought together to venture deep into an uncharted island in the Pacific – as beautiful as it is treacherous – unaware that they’re crossing into the domain of the mythic Kong.
official plot version from warnerbros.com
Trivia & Production Notes
- Screenwriter Derek Connolly was just brought in for rewrites as the film heads toward a late-October production start in Hawaii (Hollywood Reporter, 8/25/15).
- The film moved from Universal Pictures to Warner Bros. Pictures in September 2015. The expectation is future Kong films may cross over with Godzilla films, which Warner owns the sequel rights. This was confirmed on October 14, 2015 with the announcement of a new shared cinematic franchise universe featuring a 2020 film, Godzilla vs. Kong. All-powerful monsters become towering heroes for a new generation, revealing a mythology that brings together Godzilla and Legendary’s King Kong in an ecosystem of other giant super-species, both classic and new.
- Monarch, the human organization that uncovered Godzilla in the 2014 film, will expand their mission across multiple releases.
- Warner Bros. will distribute the film in 3D and IMAX 3D on March 10, 2017.
- Being filmed across three continents over six months, capturing its primordial landscapes on Oahu, Hawaii
Also Known As
- Untitled 2016 Event Project