A diverse team of explorers is brought together to venture deep into an uncharted island in the Pacific – as beautiful as it is treacherous – unaware that they’re crossing into the domain of the...
Kong: Skull Island Official stills & photos 32 more
Kong: Skull Island Plot: What's the story?
A diverse team of explorers is brought together to venture deep into an uncharted island in the Pacific – as beautiful as it is treacherous – unaware that they’re crossing into the domain of the mythic Kong.
official plot version from warnerbros.com
3.76 / 5 stars (99 users)
Poll: Will you see Kong: Skull Island?
Kong: Skull Island Cast: Who are the actors?
- Tom Hiddleston
Avengers: Endgame, Thor: Ragnarok
- Jason Mitchell
Superfly, The Mustang
- Corey Hawkins
6 Underground, Six Underground
- Brie Larson
Just Mercy, Captain Marvel
- Toby Kebbell
Destroyer, Wrath of the Titans
- John Goodman ... Randa
Captive State, Transformers 4: Age of Extinction
Film Details & Notes: What do we know about Kong: Skull Island?
- Being filmed across three continents over six months, capturing its primordial landscapes on Oahu, Hawaii
- Warner Bros. will distribute the film in 3D and IMAX 3D on March 10, 2017.
- Monarch, the human organization that uncovered Godzilla in the 2014 film, will expand their mission across multiple releases.
- The film moved from Universal Pictures to Warner Bros. Pictures in September 2015. The expectation is future Kong films may cross over with Godzilla films, which Warner owns the sequel rights. This was confirmed on October 14, 2015 with the announcement of a new shared cinematic franchise universe featuring a 2020 film, Godzilla vs. Kong. All-powerful monsters become towering heroes for a new generation, revealing a mythology that brings together Godzilla and Legendary’s King Kong in an ecosystem of other giant super-species, both classic and new.
- Screenwriter Derek Connolly was just brought in for rewrites as the film heads toward a late-October production start in Hawaii (Hollywood Reporter, 8/25/15).
Crew and Production Credits: Who's making Kong: Skull Island?
A look at the Kong: Skull Island behind-the-scenes crew and production team. The film's director Jordan Vogt-Roberts last directed The Kings of Summer and The Stars My Destination . The film's writer Max Borenstein last wrote The Seventh Son and Godzilla.
Production Timeline: When did the Kong: Skull Island come together?
On or about December 29, 2016 • The film was in Completed status.
On or about July 22, 2016 • The film was in Post-Production status.
On or about October 14, 2015 • The film was in Production status.
Production begins October 19th.
On or about July 2, 2015 • The film was in Pre-Production status.
Looking to start filming by late 2015.
On or about July 26, 2014 • The film was in Development status.
On or about May 28, 2014 • The film was in Announced status.
Kong: Skull Island Release Date: When was it released?Kong: Skull Island was released in 2017 on Friday, March 10, 2017 in nationwide movie theaters. There were 8 other movies released on the same date, including The Ottoman Lieutenant, Swing Away and Personal Shopper.
- United States
- March 10, 2017 Nationwide
- March 10, 2017
When will the movie be on Blu-ray & DVD?Tuesday, July 18, 2017
Released; Now Available Buy | Rent Now