Described as a “Romeo & Juliet” story that centers on the first human born on Mars.
Plot: What's the story about?
In this interplanetary adventure, a space shuttle embarks on the first mission to colonize Mars, only to discover after takeoff that one of the astronauts is pregnant. Shortly after landing, she dies from complications while giving birth to the first human born on the red planet – never revealing who the father is. Thus begins the extraordinary life of Gardner Elliot – an inquisitive, highly intelligent boy who reaches the age of 16 having only met 14 people in his very unconventional upbringing.
While searching for clues about his father, and the home planet he’s never known, Gardner begins an online friendship with a street smart girl in Colorado named Tulsa. When he finally gets a chance to go to Earth, he’s eager to experience all of the wonders he could only read about on Mars – from the most simple to the extraordinary. But once his explorations begin, scientists discover that Gardner’s organs can’t withstand Earth’s atmosphere.
Eager to find his father, Gardner escapes the team of scientists and joins with Tulsa on a race against time to unravel the mysteries of how he came to be, and where he belongs in the universe.
official plot version from stxentertainment.com
2.80 / 5 stars (30 users)
Poll: Will you see The Space Between Us?
Who stars in The Space Between Us: Cast List
"Crisis" , "Hunter Killer"
"San Andreas 2" , "I Melt With You"
"Greed" , "Ender's Game"
"Tomorrowland" , "The Longest Ride"
"Retaliation" , "Think Like A Dog"
"Jurassic World" , "Focus"
Who's making The Space Between Us: Crew List
A look at the The Space Between Us behind-the-scenes crew and production team. The film's director Peter Chelsom last directed Berlin, I Love You and Hector and the Search for Happiness. The film's writer Allan Loeb last wrote The Only Living Boy in New York and Collateral Beauty.
Watch: The Space Between Us Trailers & Videos
Production: What we know about The Space Between Us?
- Executive producers are Allan Loeb, Steven Pearl and Doug Urbanski, with Gabrielle Jerou co-producing.
- "This is a unique, well-crafted personal story set against an expansive landscape, and we are thrilled to be a part of this film and work with this enormously talented cast," said Adam Fogelson, Chairman of the STX Entertainment Motion Picture Group. "The film has a completely authentic voice and the kinds of nuanced characters who are distinctive and truly memorable. We were drawn in by this story and its universal themes of longing for community and love. We can't wait to begin shooting with Peter Chelsom and Richard Lewis, and the entire production team.
- January 2017: The film was in Completed status.
- November 2015: The film was in Post-Production status.
- September 2015: The film was in Production status.
- July 2015: The film was in Pre-Production status.
- August 2014: The film was in Development status.
Wrapped principal photography, per STX Entertainment press release.
Set to start production September 2015.
STX is aiming to keep the project on track to go into production this fall.
The Space Between Us Release Date: When was the film released?
When will the movie be on Blu-ray & DVD?Tuesday, May 16, 2017
Released; Now Available Buy | Rent Now