Playmobil: The Movie Official stills & photos 42 more
The first-ever feature film inspired by the beloved, award-winning PLAYMOBIL role-play toys.
Playmobil: The Movie Plot: What's the story?
When her younger brother Charlie (Gabriel Bateman) unexpectedly disappears into the magical, animated universe of PLAYMOBIL®, unprepared Marla (Anya Taylor-Joy) must go on a quest of a lifetime to bring him home. As she sets off on a fantastic journey across stunning new worlds, Marla teams up with some unlikely and heroic new friends - the smooth-talking food truck driver Del (Jim Gaffigan), the dashing and charismatic secret agent Rex Dasher (Daniel Radcliffe), a wholehearted misfit robot, an extravagant fairy-godmother (Meghan Trainor) and many more. Through their vibrant adventure, Marla and Charlie realize that no matter how life plays out, you can achieve anything when you believe in yourself!
official plot version
2.57 / 5 stars (7 users)
Poll: Will you see Playmobil: The Movie?
Playmobil: The Movie Cast: Who are the actors?
- Anya Taylor Joy ... Marla (voice)
- Jim Gaffigan ... Del (voice)
Troop Zero, The Day Shall Come
- Gabriel Bateman ... Charlie (voice)
Child's Play, Saint Judy
- Adam Lambert ... Emperor Maximus (voice)
- Kenan Thompson ... (voice)
Trolls World Tour, Clifford the Big Red Dog
- Meghan Trainor
Film Details & Notes: What do we know about Playmobil: The Movie?
- Director Lino DiSalvo is a Disney veteran who spent 17 years at Walt Disney Animation Studios. Most recently he served as Head of Animation for 2013's Frozen (1/11/19).
- The Playmobil film will reunite many of the creative team who worked together on Le Petit Prince.
- Bob Persichetti, who worked on both Puss In Boots and Shrek 2, will direct.
- The project is budgeted at $80 million. This will be a CG animated film.
- Based on the toyline designed by Hans Beck.
Crew and Production Credits: Who's making Playmobil: The Movie?
A look at the Playmobil: The Movie behind-the-scenes crew and production team.
Playmobil: The Movie Trailers & Videos
Production Timeline: When did the Playmobil: The Movie come together?
On or about August 4, 2019 • The film was in Completed status.
On or about January 11, 2019 • The film was in Post-Production status.
On or about February 6, 2018 • The film was in Production status.
On or about February 9, 2016 • The film was in Pre-Production status.
Frozen’s head of animation Lino Di Salvo has come on board to direct.
On or about September 12, 2015 • The film was in Development status.
Wild Bunch is officially launching the ambitious $80 million animated Playmobil project at Toronto and is in advanced negotiations with a U.S. studio to guarantee wide domestic distribution. First set up in November 2014.
On or about November 13, 2014 • The film was in Announced status.
Playmobil: The Movie Release Date: When was it released?Playmobil: The Movie was released in 2019 on Friday, December 6, 2019 in nationwide movie theaters. There were 13 other movies released on the same date, including No Safe Spaces, Portrait of a Lady on Fire and Trauma Center.
- United States
- December 6, 2019 Nationwide
- December 6, 2019