Friday, September 4, 2020 (Disney+)
Plot: What's the story about?
Live-action remake of the 1998 Disney animated film.
4.50 / 5 stars (2 users)
Poll: Will you see Mulan?
Cast: Who stars in it?
Crew: Who's making Mulan
Mulan Trailers & Videos
Production: What we know about Mulan
- Gong Li is confirmed as the villain in Mulan, a powerful witch (Hollywood Reporter, 4/12/18).
- Jet Li is in final talks to play the emperor of China, who orders the mobilization of troops via the conscription of one male from each household (Hollywood Reporter, 4/12/18).
- Hua Mulan disguises herself as a man to take her father’s army conscription in fifth-century China.
- Disney had initially sought an Asian director for the project, meeting with Ang Lee (who passed, citing scheduling) and Rogue One star Jiang Wen (Hollywood Reporter, 2/14/17).
- "Rick Jaffa and Amanda Silver (Jurassic World, Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes, and the upcoming Avatar sequel) [were bought in by Disney] to get [the script] into shooting shape" (Deadline.com, 10/5/16).
- Walt Disney Pictures plans a worldwide casting search for the lead Chinese actress for the role (Deadline.com, 10/5/16).
On or about March 12, 2020, the film was in Completed status.
On or about July 7, 2019, the film was in Post-Production status.
On or about August 14, 2018, the film was in Production status.
On or about April 14, 2018, the film was in Pre-Production status.
Planning to start shooting August 2018 in China and New Zealand.
On or about October 5, 2016, the film was in Development status.
Disney has prepped this for the fast track, looking at November 2018 release.
On or about March 30, 2015, the film was in Development status.
Mulan Release Date: When was it released?
Questions: Asked About Mulan
How long is Mulan live action going to be?
Will the new Mulan still go to US theaters even with streaming on Disney+?
Looking for more information on Mulan?
Check out the below links, may contain affiliate links.