Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Official stills & photos 22 more
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Plot: What's the story?
It’s been three years since theme park and luxury resort Jurassic World was destroyed by dinosaurs out of containment. Isla Nublar now sits abandoned by humans while the surviving dinosaurs fend for themselves in the jungles.
When the island’s dormant volcano begins roaring to life, Owen (Chris Pratt) and Claire (Bryce Dallas Howard) mount a campaign to rescue the remaining dinosaurs from this extinction-level event. Owen is driven to find Blue, his lead raptor who’s still missing in the wild, and Claire has grown a respect for these creatures she now makes her mission. Arriving on the unstable island as lava begins raining down, their expedition uncovers a conspiracy that could return our entire planet to a perilous order not seen since prehistoric times.
With all of the wonder, adventure and thrills synonymous with one of the most popular and successful series in cinema history, this all-new motion-picture event sees the return of favorite characters and dinosaurs—along with new breeds more awe-inspiring and terrifying than ever before. Welcome to Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom.
official plot version from universalpictures.com
3.67 / 5 stars (42 users)
Poll: Will you see Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom?
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Cast: Who are the actors?
- Chris Pratt ... Owen
Onward, The Tomorrow War
- Bryce Dallas Howard ... Claire
Jurassic World 3, Rocketman
- Justice Smith
All The Bright Places, POKÉMON Detective Pikachu
- Rafe Spall
Men in Black: International, Prometheus
- Toby Jones
The Last Thing He Wanted, First Cow
- Daniella Pineda
Film Details & Notes: What do we know about Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom?
- Jeff Goldblum will return as Dr. Ian Malcolm, a mathematician who came to Jurassic Park as an insurance consultant in the original film (Hollywood Reporter, 4/25/17).
- In September 2016, Trevorrow said that the film would be based on concepts from the novels, and stated that the film would be heavily inspired by the idea that, "A mistake made a long time ago just can't be undone (Jurassic Outpost, 9/30/16).
- Bryce Dallas Howard says her Jurassic World character won't be in heels for the sequel (Collider, 10/22/15).
- Director J.A. Bayona added to EFE (10/15/16), “The film takes the story where it has never been before. To me, it surprised me. We are going to places where the saga has never been before, and at the same time we are paying tribute to the franchise. We will take it a step further. There are things that will happen that people are not expecting and they really are shocking.”
- Director J.A. Bayona told EFE (10/15/16), "It will be darker and scarier than the previous film. Obviously when you have Chris Pratt, it will also be very funny. But it will be darker. It is a second step in a trilogy, and the second step is always dark as in The Empire Strikes back or the Wrath of Khan, which are the examples you always get."
- Jurassic World, which opened in theaters in June, is the No. 3 domestic release of all time with $614.3 million, and the No. 3 worldwide release of all time (06/15/15)
Crew and Production Credits: Who's making Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom?
A look at the Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom behind-the-scenes crew and production team. The film's director Juan Antonio Bayona last directed A Monster Calls and The Impossible. The film's writer Colin Trevorrow last wrote Jurassic World and Stealing Time.
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailers & Videos
Production Timeline: When did the Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom come together?
On or about April 8, 2018 • The film was in Completed status.
On or about July 14, 2017 • The film was in Post-Production status.
On or about February 11, 2017 • The film was in Production status.
Filming began at Langley Business Centre in Slough, England, on February 23, 2017. A majority of filming will take place at Pinewood Studios in England and Hawaii.
On or about October 19, 2016 • The film was in Pre-Production status.
Shooting on the film starts in February 2017 in both London and Hawaii.
On or about April 18, 2016 • The film was in Development status.
J.A. Bayona on-board to direct, Derek Connolly and Colin Trevorrow are writing the script.
On or about July 24, 2015 • The film was in Development status.
Universal has announced that a sequel to Jurassic World will be released on Friday, June 22, 2018.
On or about June 15, 2015 • The film was in Announced status.
Given the box office performance of Jurassic World, Universal Pictures will no doubt move forward with a sequel.
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Release Date: When was it released?Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom was released in 2018 on Friday, June 22, 2018 in nationwide movie theaters. There were 4 other movies released on the same date, including Intersection, Distorted and The Catcher Was A Spy.
- United States
- June 22, 2018 Nationwide
- June 22, 2018
When will the movie be on Blu-ray & DVD?Tuesday, September 18, 2018
Released; Now Available Buy | Rent Now