The Batman movie production status is currently Post-Production
March 28, 2021 • Filming completed; editing of shot film; music composition and recordings, as well as sound and visual effects being added.
Friday, March 4, 2022 (Nationwide)
Plot: What's the story about?
From Warner Bros. Pictures comes “The Batman,” with director Matt Reeves (the “Planet of the Apes” films) at the helm and with Robert Pattinson (“Tenet,” “The Lighthouse,” “Good Time”) starring as Gotham City’s vigilante detective, Batman, and billionaire Bruce Wayne.
Poll: Will you see The Batman?
Who stars in The Batman: Cast List
Robert Pattinson ... Bruce Wayne / Batman
"Waiting for the Barbarians" , "Remember Me"
Jeffrey Wright ... Commissioner Gordon
"The French Dispatch" , "No Time to Die"
Zoe Kravitz ... Selina Kyle / Catwoman
"After Earth" , "Divergent"
Colin Farrell ... Oswald Cobblepot / Penguin
"Thirteen Lives" , "Voyagers"
Paul Dano ... Edward Nashton / Riddler
"Cowboys and Aliens" , "Where the Wild Things Are"
Who's making The Batman: Crew List
A look at the The Batman behind-the-scenes crew and production team. The film's director Matt Reeves last directed War for the Planet of the Apes and Dawn of the Planet of the Apes. The film's writer Matt Reeves last wrote War for the Planet of the Apes and Let Me In.
Watch: The Batman Trailers & Videos
Production: What we know about The Batman?
- Warner Bros. has made a decision to halt production on “The Batman” for two weeks due to the coronavirus (3/14/2020).
- Robert Pattinson stars as Gotham City’s vigilante detective, Batman, and billionaire Bruce Wayne (3/14/2020).
- Matt Reeves turned in a new script said to focus on a young caped crusader (Hollywood Reporter, 8/13/18).
- When asked if he would be working with Ben Affleck's script, director Matt Reeves said, "No, it’s a new story. It’s just starting again. I’m excited about it. I think it’s going to be really cool (Happy Sad Confused podcast, 7/13/17).”
- March 2021: The film was in Post-Production status.
- March 2020: The film was in Production status.
- September 2019: The film was in Pre-Production status.
- May 2019: The film was in Pre-Production status.
- August 2018: The film was in Pre-Production status.
- July 2017: The film was in Development status.
- October 2016: The film was in Pre-Production status.
- April 2016: The film was in Development status.
- July 2015: The film was in Announced status.
Principal photography has begun in London.
Filming likely to start in late 2019 or early 2020. Robert Pattinson to play batman and Jonah Hill in talks to play the villain.
Expected to start this summer with filming in late 2019 or early 2020.
Matt Reeves said, "We are working on getting our draft in the next couple of weeks and things are progressing (8/2/18)." The hope is to shoot sometime next spring or early summer.
Newly hired director Matt Reeves has decided to scrapped the earlier script that Ben Affleck, Chris Terrio and DC's Geoff Johns had worked on (7/13/17).
Joe Manganiello told Entertainment Tonight (10/18/16) that production on the the film is expected to begin Spring 2017.
Warner Bros. head Kevin Tsujihara confirmed his studio is moving ahead with Ben Affleck's stand-alone Batman movie, which the actor will star in and direct.
Ben Affleck is in talks to star in, co-write and possibly direct a standalone Batman movie.