Narrated by Academy Award winner Robert Redford, National Parks Adventure takes audiences on the ultimate off-trail adventure into the nation's awe-inspiring great outdoors and untamed wilderness. ... more
Release DateU.S.National Parks Adventure 3D was released on
Friday, February 12, 2016 Limited Release IMAX 2D/3D Only
Cast more cast
CompaniesMacGillivray Freeman Films
Rating MPAANot Available
Narrated by Academy Award winner Robert Redford, National Parks Adventure takes audiences on the ultimate off-trail adventure into the nation's awe-inspiring great outdoors and untamed wilderness. Immersive IMAX 3D cinematography takes viewers soaring over red rock canyons, up craggy mountain peaks and into other-worldly realms found within America’s most legendary outdoor playgrounds. Join world-class mountaineer Conrad Anker, adventure photographer Max Lowe and artist Rachel Pohl as they hike, climb and explore their way across America’s majestic parks – including Yellowstone, Glacier National Park, Yosemite, and Arches – in an action-packed celebration that will inspire the adventurer in us all, and highlight how important it is that we protect these treasured landscapes.
official plot version from nationalparksadventure.com
Trivia & Production Notes
- Opens February 12, 2016 in select IMAX, IMAX 3D and other giant-screen theatres.
- Produced in association with Brand USA and presented globally by Expedia, Inc. and Subaru of America, Inc. REI is the domestic sponsor of the film.
- Filmed with 15perf / 65mm IMAX 3D cameras.
- National Parks Adventure follows in the tradition of MacGillivray Freeman's award-winning giant screen films
- "There are 408 national parks in our country that many families have not been able to explore," says two-time Academy Award®-nominated director Greg MacGillivray. "Our hope is that National Parks Adventure will encourage our audiences to discover the beauty and sanctuary of these American treasures, which belong to every one of us."