West Side Story movie is currently in Post-Production
November 9, 2019 • Filming completed; editing of shot film; music composition and recordings, as well as sound and visual effects being added.
Friday, December 18, 2020 (Nationwide)
West Side Story Official stills & photos 5 more
West Side Story Plot: What's the story?
West Side Story explores young love and tensions between rival gangs the Jets and the Sharks on the streets of 1957 New York.
Poll: Will you see West Side Story?
West Side Story Cast: Who stars in it?
- Ansel Elgort ... Tony
The Divergent Series: Ascendant, The Goldfinch
- Rachel Zegler ... Maria
- Ariana DeBose ... Anita
- David Alvarez ... Bernardo
- Josh Andrés Rivera ... Chino
- Rita Moreno ... Valentina
Film Details & Notes: What do we know about West Side Story?
- Rita Moreno, who plays Valentina, serves as one of the film’s Executive Producers.
- The film’s music team includes renowned conductor Gustavo Dudamel, who will helm the recording of Bernstein’s iconic score; Academy Award®-nominated composer and conductor David Newman (Anastasia) who will be arranging the score for the new adaptation; Tony Award-winning composer Jeanine Tesori (Broadway’s Fun Home and Thoroughly Modern Millie), who will be working with the cast on vocals; and Grammy-nominated music supervisor Matt Sullivan (Beauty and the Beast, Chicago), who will serve as executive music producer for the film.
- The film has been adapted for the screen from the original 1957 Broadway musical, which was written by Arthur Laurents with music by Leonard Bernstein, lyrics by Stephen Sondheim and concept, direction and choreography by Jerome Robbins.
Crew and Production Credits: Who's making West Side Story?
A look at the West Side Story behind-the-scenes crew and production team. The film's director Steven Spielberg last directed Schindler's List: Remastered and Ready Player One. The film's writer Tony Kushner last wrote Lincoln and Munich.
ProducersKristie Macosko Krieger
West Side Story Trailers & Videos
Production Timeline: When did the West Side Story come together?
On or about November 9, 2019 • The film was in Post-Production status.
On or about June 17, 2019 • The film was in Production status.
Now filming in and around New York City.
On or about January 21, 2019 • The film was in Pre-Production status.
Shooting summer 2019.
On or about October 2, 2018 • The film was in Development status.
On track for a summer 2019 production start.
West Side Story Release Date: When is it coming out?West Side Story is coming out in 2020 on Friday, December 18, 2020 (Nationwide release). There are 2 other movies coming out on the same date, including Dune and Coming to America 2.
- United States
- United States
- December 18, 2020 Nationwide
- December 18, 2020
Questions: Asked About West Side Story
Looking for more information on West Side Story?
Check out the below links, may contain affiliate links.