graphic drug abuse, disturbing and violent images, pervasive language, and sexual content RESTRICTED
Plot: What's the story about?
Follows the wild journey of a disenfranchised young man from Ohio who meets the love of his life, only to risk losing her through a series of bad decisions and challenging life circumstances. Inspired by the best-selling novel of the same name, CHERRY features Tom Holland in the title role, as an unhinged character who drifts from dropping out of college to serving in Iraq as an army medic and is only anchored by his one true love Emily (Ciara Bravo). When Cherry returns home a war hero, he battles the demons of undiagnosed PTSD and spirals into drug addiction, surrounding himself with a menagerie of depraved misfits. Draining his finances, Cherry turns to bank robbing to fund his addiction, shattering his relationship with Emily along the way.
4.00 / 5 stars (5 users)
Poll: Will you see Cherry?
Who stars in Cherry: Cast List
"Spider-Man: No Way Home" , "Uncharted"
"Open Season 3" , "The Long Dumb Road"
"Mowgli: Legend of the Jungle" , "Transformers 4: Age of Extinction"
"I Used To Go Here" , "Pet Sematary 2"
Who's making Cherry: Crew List
A look at the Cherry behind-the-scenes crew and production team. The film's director Joe Russo last directed Avengers: Endgame and Avengers: Infinity War. The film's writer Jessica Goldberg last wrote Upstate and Since Walker Left.
Watch: Cherry Trailers & Videos
Production: What we know about Cherry?
- Apple TV+ subscribers can enjoy “Cherry" in Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos, which transform the film with spectacular picture quality and immersive moving audio. The revolutionary audiovisual technologies developed by Dolby are available on Apple TV 4K and on the Apple TV app in over 100 countries and regions for iPhone, iPad and Mac users.
- Apple TV+ officially acquired distribution rights the film (12/31/2020).
- Based on Nico Walker’s book.
- November 2020: The film was in Completed status.
- March 2019: The film was in Pre-Production status.
Plans to shoot summer 2019.