A modern love story about celebrity, marriage and social media.
Friday, February 11, 2022 Nationwide
brief strong language and some suggestive material PARENTS STRONGLY CAUTIONED
Plot: What's the story about?
Kat Valdez (Lopez) is half of the sexiest celebrity power couple on Earth with hot new music supernova Bastian (Maluma, making his feature-film debut). As Kat and Bastian’s inescapable hit single, Marry Me, climbs the charts, they are about to be wed before an audience of their fans in a ceremony that will streamed across multiple platforms.
Divorced high-school math teacher Charlie Gilbert (Owen Wilson) has been dragged to the concert by his daughter Lou (Chloe Coleman, HBO’s Big Little Lies) and his best friend (Sarah Silverman). When Kat learns, seconds before the ceremony, that Bastian has cheated on her with her assistant, her life turns left as she has a meltdown on stage, questioning love, truth and loyalty. As her gossamer world falls away, she locks eyes with a stranger—a face in the crowd.
If what you know lets you down, then perhaps what you don’t know is the answer, and so, in a moment of inspired insanity, Kat chooses to marry Charlie. What begins as an impulsive reaction evolves into an unexpected romance. But as forces conspire to separate them, the universal question arises: Can two people from such different worlds bridge the gulf between them and build a place where they both belong?
official plot version
4.45 / 5 stars (22 users)
Poll: Will you see Marry Me?
Who stars in Marry Me: Cast List
Shotgun Wedding, The Mother
Secret Headquarters, Haunted Mansion
Wreck-It Ralph, Popstar: Never Stop Never Stopping
Moonfall, American Satan
Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves, 65
Who's making Marry Me: Crew List
A look at the Marry Me behind-the-scenes crew and production team. The film's director Kat Coiro last directed She-Hulk: Attorney at Law (Series) and A Case Of You. The film's writer Harper Dill last wrote Friend of Bill and Sweet Valley High.
Production: What we know about Marry Me?
- Marry Me is directed by Kat Coiro (FX’s It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Netflix’s Dead to Me) from a screenplay by John Rogers (TNT’s The Librarians) and Tami Sagher (NBC’s 30 Rock) and Harper Dill (Fox’s The Mick) based on the graphic novel by Bobby Crosby. The film is produced by Elaine Goldsmith-Thomas (Hustlers, Maid in Manhattan), Jennifer Lopez, Benny Medina (Hustlers, NBC’s The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air) and John Rogers. The film’s executive producers are Alex Brown, Willie Mercer, Pamela Thur and J.B. Roberts.
- Features original songs by Jennifer Lopez and global Latin music star Maluma (8/15/2021).
- 2020 - August: The film was set to Completed status.
- 2019 - July: The film was set to Development status.
- 2019 - April: The film was set to Announced status.