A modern love story about celebrity, marriage and social media.
Plot: What's the story about?
Kat Valdez (Lopez) is half of the sexiest celebrity power couple on Earth with hot new music supernova Bastian (Maluma, making his feature-film debut). As Kat and Bastian’s inescapable hit single, Marry Me, climbs the charts, they are about to be wed before an audience of their fans in a ceremony that will streamed across multiple platforms.
Divorced high-school math teacher Charlie Gilbert (Owen Wilson) has been dragged to the concert by his daughter Lou (Chloe Coleman, HBO’s Big Little Lies) and his best friend (Sarah Silverman). When Kat learns, seconds before the ceremony, that Bastian has cheated on her with her assistant, her life turns left as she has a meltdown on stage, questioning love, truth and loyalty. As her gossamer world falls away, she locks eyes with a stranger—a face in the crowd.
If what you know lets you down, then perhaps what you don’t know is the answer, and so, in a moment of inspired insanity, Kat chooses to marry Charlie. What begins as an impulsive reaction evolves into an unexpected romance. But as forces conspire to separate them, the universal question arises: Can two people from such different worlds bridge the gulf between them and build a place where they both belong?
official plot version
Poll: Will you see Marry Me?
Who stars in Marry Me: Cast List
Who's making Marry Me: Crew List
A look at the Marry Me behind-the-scenes crew and production team. The film's director Kat Coiro last directed A Case Of You and And While We Were Here. The film's writer Harper Dill last wrote Friend of Bill and Sweet Valley High.
Watch: Marry Me Trailers & Videos
Production: What we know about Marry Me?
- Marry Me is directed by Kat Coiro (FX’s It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Netflix’s Dead to Me) from a screenplay by John Rogers (TNT’s The Librarians) and Tami Sagher (NBC’s 30 Rock) and Harper Dill (Fox’s The Mick) based on the graphic novel by Bobby Crosby. The film is produced by Elaine Goldsmith-Thomas (Hustlers, Maid in Manhattan), Jennifer Lopez, Benny Medina (Hustlers, NBC’s The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air) and John Rogers. The film’s executive producers are Alex Brown, Willie Mercer, Pamela Thur and J.B. Roberts.
- Features original songs by Jennifer Lopez and global Latin music star Maluma (8/15/2021).
- August 2020: The film was in Completed status.
- July 2019: The film was in Development status.
- April 2019: The film was in Announced status.
Marry Me Release Date: When is the film coming out?
Marry Me is coming out in 2022 on Friday, February 11, 2022 (Nationwide release). There are 4 other movies coming out on the same date, including Death on the Nile, The Devil's Light and What About Love.