Status: Post-Production As of December 9, 2017
Post-Production: Filming completed; editing of shot film; music composition and recordings, as well as sound and visual effects being added.
In the 26th century, a female cyborg is rescued from the scrapheap by a scientist. more
Release DateU.S.Alita: Battle Angel will be released on
Thursday, February 14, 2019 Nationwide Release
Cast more cast
Rating MPAANot Available
Storylines 3 more
Set several centuries in the future, the abandoned Alita (Rosa Salazar) is found in the scrapyard of Iron City by Ido (Christoph Waltz), a compassionate cyber-doctor who takes the unconscious cyborg Alita to his clinic. When Alita awakens she has no memory of who she is, nor does she have any recognition of the world she finds herself in. Everything is new to Alita, every experience a first. As she learns to navigate her new life and the treacherous streets of Iron City, Ido tries to shield Alita from her mysterious past while her street-smart new friend, Hugo (Keean Johnson), offers instead to help trigger her memories. A growing affection develops between the two until deadly forces come after Alita and threaten her newfound relationships. It is then that Alita discovers she has extraordinary fighting abilities that could be used to save the friends and family she’s grown to love. Determined to uncover the truth behind her origin, Alita sets out on a journey that will lead her to take on the injustices of this dark, corrupt world, and discover that one young woman can change the world in which she lives.
official plot version from foxmovies.com
Trivia & Production Notes
- The film is based on a series of graphic novels by a Japanese artist called Kishiro.
- The production will have a budget in the $175 million-$200 million range (Hollywood Reporter, 5/27/16).
- Christoph Waltz will play Doctor Dyson Ido, the cybersurgeon who finds the cyborg and becomes her mentor (Hollywood Reporter, 8/23/16).
- Jackie Earle Haley will play a monstrous cyborg in a villain role - likely some CG and green screen work (Hollywood Reporter, 9/15/16)
- Ed Skrein will play a character named Zapan, a villainous cyborg who is in possession of a weapon called the Damascus blade (Hollywood Reporter, 9/21/16).
Also Known As
- Battle Angel