The Irishman Official stills & photos 20 more
A period thriller about love, betrayal, violence and the Mafia.
The Irishman Plot: What's the story?
An epic saga of organized crime in post-war America told through the eyes of World War II veteran Frank Sheeran (Robert De Niro), a hustler and hitman who worked alongside some of the most notorious figures of the 20th century. Spanning decades, the film chronicles one of the greatest unsolved mysteries in American history, the disappearance of legendary union boss Jimmy Hoffa, and offers a monumental journey through the hidden corridors of organized crime: its inner workings, rivalries and connections to mainstream politics.
official plot version
Poll: Will you see The Irishman?
The Irishman Cast: Who are the actors?
- Robert De Niro ... Frank 'The Irishman' Sheeran
Joker, The War With Grandpa
- Al Pacino ... Jimmy Hoffa
Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, Jack and Jill
- Joe Pesci ... Russell Bufalino
Be Cool, The Good Shepherd
- Bobby Cannavale ... Joe Gallo
- Harvey Keitel ... Angelo Bruno
The Last Man, Isle of Dogs
- Ray Romano ... Bill Bufalino
Paddleton, Ice Age: Continental Drift
Film Details & Notes: What do we know about The Irishman?
- The Irishman will have a 26-day run in a limited number of theaters before it starts streaming on Nov. 27 (11/3/19).
- Netflix plans to release the film theatrically in the U.S. in about 10 markets and also in the U.K (Deadline, 2/9/18).
- Director Martin Scorsese has said this film will be "a little different” compared to his previous films, such as Goodfellas or Casino (The Independent, 5/12/17).
- Based on the book by Charles Brandt, "I Heard You Paint Houses: Frank "The Irishman" Sheeran and the Inside Story of the Mafia, the Teamsters, and the Final Ride by Jimmy Hoffa."
Crew and Production Credits: Who's making The Irishman?
A look at the The Irishman behind-the-scenes crew and production team. The film's director Martin Scorsese last directed Rolling Thunder and Silence. The film's writer Steve Zaillian last wrote Exodus: Gods and Kings and The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.
ProducersRobert De Niro
The Irishman Trailers & Videos
Production Timeline: When did the The Irishman come together?
On or about February 14, 2018 • The film was in Completed status.
On or about October 7, 2017 • The film was in Production status.
Shooting is underway in New York.
On or about May 16, 2017 • The film was in Pre-Production status.
On or about May 7, 2016 • The film was in Development status.
The long-gestating project could come before buyers at Cannes 2016.
On or about September 13, 2010 • The film was in Development status.
On or about September 13, 2010 • The film was in Announced status.
The Irishman Release Date: When is it coming out?The Irishman is coming out in 2019 on Friday, November 15, 2019 and will be released in limited movie theaters. There are 14 other movies coming out on the same date, including Ford v Ferrari, The Good Liar and Charlie's Angels.
Coming Soon (2 days to go!) Add to Google Calendar
- United States
- United States
- November 15, 2019 Limited
- United States
- November 27, 2019 Netflix
- November 27, 2019