A teenager becomes the superhero known as Captain Marvel when he utters the magic word "Shazam!"
U.S. Release DateShazam! release date is set for Friday, April 5, 2019. This will be a Nationwide in theaters release.
Coming Soon (43 days to go!) Add to Google Cal
Cast more cast
Rating MPAAPG-13 for intense sequences of action, language, and suggestive material
Storylines 2 more
We all have a superhero inside us, it just takes a bit of magic to bring it out. In Billy Batson’s (Angel) case, by shouting out one word—SHAZAM!—this streetwise 14-year-old foster kid can turn into the adult Super Hero Shazam (Levi), courtesy of an ancient wizard. Still a kid at heart—inside a ripped, godlike body—Shazam revels in this adult version of himself by doing what any teen would do with superpowers: have fun with them! Can he fly? Does he have X-ray vision? Can he shoot lightning out of his hands? Can he skip his social studies test? Shazam sets out to test the limits of his abilities with the joyful recklessness of a child. But he’ll need to master these powers quickly in order to fight the deadly forces of evil controlled by Dr. Thaddeus Sivana (Strong).
official plot version from warnerbros.com
Trivia & Production Notes
- Adaption of DC Comic's 1970's comic book.
- It is unknown at this point whether Dwayne Johnson, who will play Shazam! villain Black Adam, will be involved with this film. He'll star in a separate spin-off pic (Hollywood Reporter, 7/20/17).
- The creative team includes Annabelle: Creation director of photography Maxime Alexandre, production designer Jennifer Spence, editor Michel Aller and costume designer Leah Butler.
- Set primarily in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, principal photography for the film is taking place in Toronto (2/14/18).
- Firmly set in the DC universe but with his own distinctly fun, family-centric tone, the character first appeared in Whiz Comics in 1940 and was created by Bill Parker and C.C. Beck (2/14/18).
Also Known As
- Billy Batson and the Legend of Shazam
- Captain Marvel
- Untitled DC Film (2016)
- February 2018: Toronto, Ontario, Canada