Bohemian Rhapsody is a foot-stomping celebration of Queen, their music and their extraordinary lead singer Freddie Mercury, who defied stereotypes and shattered convention to become one of the most be... full plot below
U.S. Release DateBohemian Rhapsody release date was Friday, November 2, 2018. This was a Nationwide in theaters release.
Friday, January 11, 2019. This was a Expansion release.
Tuesday, February 12, 2019
Coming Soon (27 days to go!) Pre-Order
Cast more cast
Rating MPAAPG-13 for thematic elements, suggestive material, drug content and language
Storylines 2 more
Bohemian Rhapsody is a foot-stomping celebration of Queen, their music and their extraordinary lead singer Freddie Mercury, who defied stereotypes and shattered convention to become one of the most beloved entertainers on the planet. The film traces the meteoric rise of the band through their iconic songs and revolutionary sound, their near-implosion as Mercury’s lifestyle spirals out of control, and their triumphant reunion on the eve of Live Aid, where Mercury, facing a life-threatening illness, leads the band in one of the greatest performances in the history of rock music. In the process, cementing the legacy of a band that were always more like a family, and who continue to inspire outsiders, dreamers and music lovers to this day.
official plot version from foxmovies.com
Trivia & Production Notes
- Rights to iconic Queen tunes such as "Another One Bites the Dust," "Bohemian Rhapsody," "We Are the Champions" and "We Will Rock You," have been secured for the film.
- Sony Pictues has the right to opt into the project after the studio reads Anthony McCarten’s script (Deadline, 11/18/15).
- Fox and New Regency are known behind the project, which will be produced by Graham King (Hollywood Reporter, 11/4/2016).
- Twentieth Century Fox, New Regency and GK Films will expand Bohemian Rhapsody, Golden Globe winner for Best Picture (Drama), starring Rami Malek, Golden Globe winner for Best Actor (Drama), to more than 1300 theaters in the U.S. and Canada this Friday, January 11. More than 750 of the locations will be playing a never before experienced "sing-along" version of the foot-stomping celebration of Queen, their music and their extraordinary lead singer Freddie Mercury (1/10/2019).
Also Known As
- Untitled Freddie Mercury Project