Friday, December 25, 2015 (Nationwide)
violence, thematic material involving perilous activity, some sexuality, language and drug material. PARENTS STRONGLY CAUTIONED
Plot: What's the story about?
A young FBI agent, Johnny Utah (Luke Bracey), infiltrates a cunning team of thrill-seeking elite athletes – led by the charismatic Bodhi (Edgar Ramirez). The athletes are suspected of carrying out a spate of crimes in extremely unusual ways. Deep undercover, and with his life in imminent danger, Utah strives to prove they are the architects of this string of inconceivable crimes.
official plot version from warnerbros.com
3.50 / 5 stars (38 users)
Poll: Will you see Point Break?
Who stars in Point Break: Cast List
Edgar Ramirez ... Bodhi
"Jungle Cruise" , "The 355"
"Black Widow" , "Cats"
Luke Bracey ... Johnny Utah
"November Man" , "One True Loves"
Teresa Palmer ... Tyler
"2:22" , "Hotel Mumbai"
Tobias Santelmann ... Chowder
"Hercules" , "Out Stealing Horses"
"The Harder They Fall" , "Cymbeline"
Who's making Point Break: Crew List
A look at the Point Break behind-the-scenes crew and production team. The film's director Ericson Core last directed Togo and Invincible. The film's writer Kurt Wimmer last wrote Spell and Total Recall.
Michael De Luca
Christopher D Taylor
Watch: Point Break Trailers & Videos
Production: What we know about Point Break?
- Director Ericson Core, who served as director of photography on such films as “Invincible,” “The Fast and the Furious” and “Payback,” also serves as director of photography on “Point Break.” Other behind-the-scene team members include Oscar-winning editor Thom Noble (“Thelma & Louise,” “Witness”), production designer Udo Kramer (“North Face,” “The Physician”) and Oscar-nominated costume designer Lisy Christl (“Anonymous,” “White House Down”).
- Making cameos in the film are DJs Steve Aoki, Seth Troxler and The Art Department, as well as sports commentator and TV host Sal Masekela.
- Renowned extreme athletes performing stunts in the film include surfers Laird Hamilton, Sebastian Zietz, Makua Rothman, Billy Kemper, Brian Keaulana, Ahanu Tson-dru, Ian Walsh, Laurie Towner, Dylan Longbottom, Albee Layer, Bruce Irons, Tikanui Smith and Tuhiti Humani; snowboarders Xavier De Le Rue, Louis Vito, Christian Haller, Lucas DeBari and Ralph Backstrom; skateboarders Bob Burnquist and Eric Koston; motorcyclists Riley Harper and Oakley Lehman; wingsuit stunt pilots Jon Devore, Julian Boulle, Noah Bahnson, Jhonathan Florez and Mike Swanson, and consultant Jeb Corliss; and free climber Chris Sharma, among others.
- Per Warner Bros Pictures: "The film is replete with the most daring athleticism ever seen in a motion picture. These action adventure feats are performed by elite athletes representing the world’s best in class in big-wave surfing, wingsuit flying, sheer-face snowboarding, free rock climbing, and high-speed motorcycling."
- Inspired by the classic 1991 hit starring Patrick Swayze and Keanu Reeves.
- November 2015: The film was in Completed status.
- February 2015: The film was in Post-Production status.
- August 2014: The film was in Production status.
- May 2014: The film was in Pre-Production status.
- April 2013: The film was in Development status.
- September 2011: The film was in Announced status.
To start shooting in late June 2014.
Fast and the Furious cinematographer Ericson Core will helm the redo of the 1991 cult classic.
Point Break Release Date: When was the film released?
When will the movie be on Blu-ray & DVD?Tuesday, March 29, 2016
Released; Now Available Buy | Rent Now