Status: Production As of May 31, 2016
Production: Finalizing production budget, filming the movie begins. Per Hollywood Reporter (5/31/16), "After a brief shoot in Cuba, production on the movie is set to begin in Detroit later this week."
There will be at least four more Transformers sequels (5, 6, 7, 8). more
In Movie Theaters U.S.Friday, June 23, 2017
Cast more cast
Rating MPAANot Available
Storylines 2 more
There will be at least four more Transformers sequels (5, 6, 7, 8).
Trivia & Production Notes
- As Michael Bay told Entertainment Weekly, "It's kind of like a new Transformers. We had three, the first trilogy, and this is going to be the next one. It's the first of a new trilogy. I'm not necessarily sure that I'm doing [the others], but that's what it's meant for (April, 2014)."
- Transformers: Age of Extinction, which hits theaters on June 27, finds the government working to wipe out the Transformers.
- Sequel to the 2014 film Transformers: Age of Extinction.
- The Transformers writing brain trust includes Akiva Goldsman has recruited Robert Kirkman, Art Marcum, Matt Holloway, Zak Penn and Jeff Pinkner.
- Age of Extinction was a reboot of the previous three Transformers movies, but this new movie is expected to be different as it attempts to create a greater cinematic universe for Transformers (Hollywood Reporter, 1/4/16).
- The villain/threat in the film will included a redesigned Megatron, the villainous robot from the first three Transformers movies (Hollywood Reporter, 5/31/16).
- On Tuesday (8/23/16), director Michael Bay confirmed on Twitter production started in Scotland and posted an Instagram photo from the new, rugged location.
Also Known As
- Transformers 5