Takes the entire Muppets gang on a global tour, selling out grand theaters across European destinations, including Berlin, Madrid and London. But mayhem follows the Muppets overseas, as they find them... more
In Movie Theaters U.S.Friday, March 21, 2014 Nationwide Release
On DVDTuesday, August 12, 2014
Released; Now Available Buy or Rent Now
Miss Piggy (puppet)
Interpol Inspector Jean Pierre Napoleon
Dominic, aka Number Two
Rating MPAAPG for some mild action
Storylines 4 more
Takes the entire Muppets gang on a global tour, selling out grand theaters across European destinations, including Berlin, Madrid and London. But mayhem follows the Muppets overseas, as they find themselves unwittingly entangled in an international crime caper headed by Constantine—the World’s Number One Criminal and a dead ringer for Kermit—and his dastardly sidekick Dominic, aka Number Two, portrayed by Ricky Gervais. The film stars Tina Fey as Nadya, a feisty prison guard, and Ty Burrell as Interpol agent Jean Pierre Napoleon.
official plot version from disney.com
- 2011's The Muppets grossed $158 million worldwide. The film starred and was co-written by Jason Segel, but he is not returning for the sequel.
- Christoph Waltz was originally cast as the lead; however, the actor's schedule prevented Disney from making a deal. Ty Burrell (ABC's "Modern Family") replaced him.
- Said Kermit the Frog, "This movie takes us places we've never been before. And trust me—this frog has never seen so much international flavor. I think audiences will eat it up—the entertainment, that is."
- Featuring music from Academy Award®-winning songwriter Bret McKenzie.
Also Known As
- Untitled Muppets Sequel
- The Muppets 2
- The Muppets... Again
- February 2013: London, England, United Kingdom
- February 2013: Los Angeles, California, United States