Friday, March 14, 2014 (Nationwide)
crude and sexual content, language and brief nudity RESTRICTED
Plot: What's the story about?
The bitter child of the organizer of the national spelling bee gets his revenge by finding a loophole and attempting to win the bee as an adult. Along the way, he befriends a female reporter and a young Indian contestant who he exposes to the wilder side of life.
modified plot formulation from variety.com
3.67 / 5 stars (15 users)
Poll: Will you see Bad Words?
Who stars in Bad Words: Cast List
"Zootopia" , "Thunder Force"
"Mr. Peabody & Sherman" , "The Addams Family"
"Finding You" , "Fishbowl"
Beth Grant ... Irene
"Words on Bathroom Walls" , "In My Sleep"
Ben Falcone ... Pete
"What to Expect When You're Expecting" , "Cook Out!"
"Mr. Popper's Penguins" , "The Insider"
Patricia Belcher ... Ingrid
"I Do" , "Jeepers Creepers"
Who's making Bad Words: Crew List
A look at the Bad Words behind-the-scenes crew and production team. The film's director Jason Bateman last directed The Family Fang and Jason Bateman/FBI Wedding Project. The film's writer Andrew Dodge last wrote Untitled Peter Dinklage Comedy Project and Action Movie Kid.
Production: What we know about Bad Words?
- The film is in a similar vein as Bad Santa given its strong language and risque sequences.
- Focus Features acquired distribution rights less than 12 hours after its Ryerson Theatre premiere at the Toronto Film Festival, where it received a strong reception from buyers (Hollywood Reporter, 9/8/13).
- Appeared on the 2011 Black List.
- May 2013: The film was in Completed status.
- July 2012: The film was in Development status.
MPAA rating announced; assumed completed.
Bad Words Release Date: When was the film released?
Bad Words was released in 2014 on Friday, March 14, 2014 (Nationwide release). There were 14 other movies released on the same date, including Need for Speed, Tyler Perry's Single Moms Club and Better Living Through Chemistry.
When will the movie be on DVD?Tuesday, July 8, 2014
Released; Now Available Buy | Rent Now