. The all-new, live-action epic adventure showcases Mowgli’s journey of self-discovery when he’s forced to abandon the only home he’s ever known.
Friday, April 15, 2016 (Nationwide)
some sequences of scary action and peril PARENTAL GUIDANCE SUGGESTED
Plot: What's the story about?
The Jungle Book is an all-new live-action epic adventure about Mowgli (newcomer Neel Sethi), a man-cub who’s been raised by a family of wolves. But Mowgli finds he is no longer welcome in the jungle when fearsome tiger Shere Khan (voice of Idris Elba), who bears the scars of Man, promises to eliminate what he sees as a threat. Urged to abandon the only home he’s ever known, Mowgli embarks on a captivating journey of self-discovery, guided by panther-turned-stern mentor Bagheera (voice of Ben Kingsley), and the free-spirited bear Baloo (voice of Bill Murray). Along the way, Mowgli encounters jungle creatures who don’t exactly have his best interests at heart, including Kaa (voice of Scarlett Johansson), a python whose seductive voice and gaze hypnotizes the man-cub, and the smooth-talking King Louie (voice of Christopher Walken), who tries to coerce Mowgli into giving up the secret to the elusive and deadly red flower: fire.
official plot version from disney.com
3.63 / 5 stars (187 users)
Poll: Will you see The Jungle Book?
Who stars in The Jungle Book: Cast List
Scarlett Johansson ... Kaa (voice)
"Black Widow" , "The Avengers"
Lupita Nyong'o ... Rakcha (voice)
"Born a Crime" , "The 355"
Idris Elba ... Shere Khan (voice)
"The Suicide Squad" , "Zootopia"
Neel Sethi ... Mowgli
Bill Murray ... Baloo (voice)
"The French Dispatch" , "Passion Play"
Ben Kingsley ... Bagheera (voice)
"Locked Down" , "Iron Man 3"
Who's making The Jungle Book: Crew List
A look at the The Jungle Book behind-the-scenes crew and production team. The film's director Jon Favreau last directed The Lion King and Jersey Boys. The film's writer Justin Marks last wrote Suicide Squad and Street Fighter: Legend of Chun-Li.
Watch: The Jungle Book Trailers & Videos
Production: What we know about The Jungle Book?
- Said to be inspired by Disney’s 1967 animated classic, the film features state-of the-art technology that immerses audiences in the lush world like never before.
- Newcomer Neel Sethi was selected from thousands of candidates to play man-cub Mowgli.
- The film's two villains are Kaaa, the python who eats other animals by hypnotizing them, and Shere Khan, the man-eating tiger.
- Based on the 1894 book/collection of short stories by Rudyard Kipling. This will be a live action film.
- February 2016: The film was in Completed status.
- August 2015: The film was in Post-Production status.
- August 2014: The film was in Production status.
- May 2014: The film was in Pre-Production status.
- November 2013: The film was in Development status.
- July 2013: The film was in Announced status.
Disney has announced an October 9, 2015 release date. Jon Favreau is aboard to direct. Productions starts early 2014.
Justin Marks has been hired to pen a live-action adaptation of Rudyard Kipling’s classic set of fables. Disney’s take is in the early stages, and the project has no producers attached.
The Jungle Book Release Date: When was the film released?
The Jungle Book was released in 2016 on Friday, April 15, 2016 (Nationwide release). There were 13 other movies released on the same date, including Criminal, Everybody Wants Some and Barbershop: The Next Cut. 3D/2D; IMAX 3D
When will the movie be on Blu-ray & DVD?Tuesday, August 30, 2016
Released; Now Available Buy | Rent Now
VOD/DigitalTuesday, August 23, 2016
Released; Watch Now! Buy | Rent Now