Plot: What's the story about?
The U.S.S. Enterprise crew explores the furthest reaches of uncharted space, where they encounter a mysterious new enemy who puts them and everything the Federation stands for to the test.
official plot version from paramount.com
3.93 / 5 stars (57 users)
Poll: Will you see Star Trek Beyond?
Who stars in Star Trek Beyond: Cast List
Chris Pine ... James T. Kirk
"Wonder Woman 1984" , "Dungeons & Dragons"
Zachary Quinto ... Spock
"Hitman: Agent 47" , "Snowden"
Zoe Saldana ... Nyota Uhura
"Vivo" , "Avatar 2"
Simon Pegg ... Scotty
"Mission: Impossible 7" , "Becky"
Karl Urban ... Bones
"Priest" , "Thor: Ragnarok"
Anton Yelchin ... Chekov
"The Smurfs 2" , "Thoroughbreds"
John Cho ... Sulu
"The Grudge " , "Total Recall"
Who's making Star Trek Beyond: Crew List
A look at the Star Trek Beyond behind-the-scenes crew and production team. The film's director Justin Lin last directed Untitled Bourne Movie 5 Project and Fast & Furious 6. The film's writer Alex Kurtzman last wrote The Amazing Spider-Man 2 and Star Trek Into Darkness.
Production: What we know about Star Trek Beyond?
- The Star Trek franchise has earned more than $850 million since the release of J.J. Abram’s Star Trek in 2009.
- The film will be digitally re-mastered into the immersive IMAX format and released in IMAX® theaters worldwide beginning July 22, 2016.
- The film will mark the 50-year anniversary of the television launch of the landmark science-fiction series. The TV series debuted on Sept. 8, 1966.
- The third film in the rebooted Star Trek blockbuster franchise.
- Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci co-wrote the previous two installments for director J.J. Abrams, who is also in negotiations to produce Star Trek 3 through his Bad Robot shingle (Hollywood Reporter, 8/5/13).
- June 2016: The film was in Completed status.
- November 2015: The film was in Post-Production status.
- June 2015: The film was in Production status.
- January 2015: The film was in Pre-Production status.
- January 2015: The film was in Development status.
- December 2013: The film was in Development status.
- August 2013: The film was in Announced status.
Heads into production this week in Vancouver. Filming at Squamish Boulders in British Columbia.
Justin Lin has signed on to direct - a July 2016 release is planned. Zachary Quinto said that filming will probably begin by March 2015.
J.D. Payne and Patrick McKay will co-write Star Trek 3 along with Roberto Orci. The film has no logline or start date but Paramount hopes for a 2016 release.
Paramount Pictures is prepping Star Trek 3 for 2016. Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci have been hired to write the script.
Star Trek Beyond Release Date: When was the film released?
Star Trek Beyond was released in 2016 on Friday, July 22, 2016 (Nationwide release). There were 7 other movies released on the same date, including Ice Age: Collision Course, Lights Out and Hillary's America: The Secret History of the Democratic Party. 2D/3D, IMAX
When will the movie be on Blu-ray & DVD?Tuesday, November 1, 2016
Released; Now Available Buy | Rent Now