Set in New York roughly seven decades before Harry Potter’s saga starts, Fantastic Beasts is based on the Hogwarts textbook of the same name and follows the adventures of its author, Newt Scamander
Friday, November 18, 2016 (Nationwide)
Runtime: 2 hrs, 12 m
Plot: What's the story about?
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them opens in 1926 as Newt Scamander has just completed a global excursion to find and document an extraordinary array of magical creatures. Arriving in New York for a brief stopover, he might have come and gone without incident…were it not for a No-Maj (American for Muggle) named Jacob, a misplaced magical case, and the escape of some of Newt’s fantastic beasts, which could spell trouble for both the wizarding and No-Maj worlds.
official plot version from warnerbros.com
4.13 / 5 stars (62 users)
Poll: Will you see Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them?
Cast: Who stars in it?
Crew: Who's making Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
A look at the Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them behind-the-scenes crew and production team. The film's director David Yates last directed Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald and The Legend of Tarzan. The film's writer J.K. Rowling last wrote Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald.
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them Trailers & Videos
Production: What we know about Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
- POSSIBLE SPOILERS: Features a cameo by a young Albus Dumbledore and Gellert Grendelwald, characters from the original Harry Potter movies (Warner Bros, 10/13/16).
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them will be a five-film franchise (Warner Bros, 10/13/16).
- Collaborating with director David Yates behind the scenes are: Oscar-winning director of photography Philippe Rousselot (A River Runs Through It, the Sherlock Holmes movies), three-time Oscar-winning production designer Stuart Craig (The English Patient, Dangerous Liaisons, Gandhi, the Harry Potter films), three-time Oscar-winning costume designer Colleen Atwood (Chicago, Memoirs of a Geisha, Alice in Wonderland), Oscar-winning visual effects supervisor Tim Burke (Gladiator, the Harry Potter films), Oscar-nominated visual effects supervisor Christian Manz (Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows).
- The film is being produced by David Heyman, producer of all eight of the blockbuster Harry Potter features.
- Marking the screenwriting debut of J.K. Rowling, the script was inspired by her character Newt Scamander’s Hogwarts textbook, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them.
- Being directed by David Yates, who helmed the last four Harry Potter feature films.
- Besides Newt Scamander, there are four other main roles
- Newt Scamander is described as a “magiczoologist,” which in the Harry Potter realm is a person who studies magical creatures.
- The first installment of the new Harry Potter spinoff franchise, which is being planned as a trilogy.
- Spun-off from Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (2001).
- Based on her book "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them," which was inspired by Harry Potter's Hogwarts textbook.
On or about October 22, 2016, the film was in Completed status.
On or about January 2, 2016, the film was in Post-Production status.
On or about August 19, 2015, the film was in Production status.
Filming started August 17, 2015 at Warner Bros. Studios, Leavesden. Some scenes were also shot on location in Liverpool, England.
On or about August 11, 2014, the film was in Development status.
On or about September 22, 2013, the film was in Announced status.
Warner Bros. is working on a film based on a Harry Potter-themed spin-off.
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them Release Date: When was it released?
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them was released in 2016 on Friday, November 18, 2016 (Nationwide release). There were 9 other movies released on the same date, including The Edge of Seventeen, Bleed For This and The Take. 3D/2D; IMAX
When will the movie be on Blu-ray & DVD?Tuesday, March 28, 2017
Released; Now Available Buy | Rent Now
Questions: Asked About Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
Looking for more information on Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them?
Check out the below links, may contain affiliate links.