Friday, December 21, 2018 (Nationwide)
Bumblebee Official stills & photos 29 more
Bumblebee Plot: What's the story?
On the run in the year 1987, Bumblebee finds refuge in a junkyard in a small Californian beach town. Charlie (Hailee Steinfeld), on the cusp of turning 18 and trying to find her place in the world, discovers Bumblebee, battle-scarred and broken. When Charlie revives him, she quickly learns this is no ordinary, yellow VW bug.
official plot version from paramount.com
4.00 / 5 stars (20 users)
Poll: Will you see Bumblebee?
Bumblebee Cast: Who stars in it?
- Hailee Steinfeld
Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse, Ender's Game
- Jorge Lendeborg Jr.
Alita: Battle Angel, Love, Simon
- Jason Drucker
- Abby Quinn
Radium Girls, Landline
- Rachel Crow
- Ricardo Hoyos
Film Details & Notes: What do we know about Bumblebee?
- This is the first spinoff in what Paramount and Hasbro hopes will be a Transformers Cinematic Universe that will include prequels and offshoots (Hollywood Reporter, 7/13/17).
- Hailee Steinfeld will play a tomboy who also holds a job as a mechanic after school. Sources say the tale is a prequel to the main film series, focused on Bumblebee's life in an earlier decade (Hollywood Reporter, 7/11/17).
- Laika CEO Travis Knight, who directed Kubo and Two Strings, will be making his live-action directorial debut on the pic (Variety, 5/31/17).
- Per Variety (10/4/15), Hasbro's Steven J. Davis confirmed in a Q&A that a Transformers 5, 6, 7 and 8 are in the works. “Nine of some of the most creative writers I have ever worked with, shepherded by Akiva Goldsman, who many of you may know won an Academy Award for A Beautiful Mind and written a bunch of great movies,” he went on. “And they plotted out the next 10 years of Transformers. Similarly, we are doing the same in television and in digital. So stay tuned, Transformers 5 is on its way, and 6 and 7 and 8.”
- As Michael Bay told Entertainment Weekly, "It's kind of like a new Transformers. We had three, the first trilogy, and this is going to be the next one. It's the first of a new trilogy. I'm not necessarily sure that I'm doing [the others], but that's what it's meant for (April, 2014)."
Crew and Production Credits: Who's making Bumblebee?
A look at the Bumblebee behind-the-scenes crew and production team. The film's director Travis Knight last directed Kubo and the Two Strings and The Six Billion Dollar Man. The film's writer Christina Hodson last wrote Unforgettable and Shut In.
Lorenzo di Bonaventura
Bumblebee Trailers & Videos
Production Timeline: When did the Bumblebee come together?
On or about November 17, 2018 • The film was in Completed status.
On or about December 31, 2017 • The film was in Post-Production status.
On or about August 2, 2017 • The film was in Production status.
Filming started late July 2017. The film’s shoot will take place entirely in California, including in Southern and Northern California.
On or about June 1, 2017 • The film was in Pre-Production status.
On or about November 11, 2016 • The film was in Development status.
Deadline.com says Christina Hodso turned in a script that will make it possible for Paramount to mount the film for 2018.
On or about October 19, 2015 • The film was in Development status.
Hasbro's Steven J. Davis confirmed in a Q&A that a Transformers 5, 6, 7 and 8 are in the works.
On or about April 14, 2014 • The film was in Development status.
Director Michael Bay will be rebooting the robot franchise with at least two more movies after Transformers: Age of Extinction.
Bumblebee Release Date: When was it released?Bumblebee was released in 2018 on Friday, December 21, 2018 in nationwide movie theaters. There were 10 other movies released on the same date, including Welcome to Marwen, Second Act and Aquaman.
- United States
- December 21, 2018 Nationwide
- December 21, 2018
When will the movie be on DVD?Tuesday, April 2, 2019
Released; Now Available Buy | Rent Now