The Flash movie production status is currently Development
October 15, 2018 • Story selection and rights acquired; idea being crafted into usable script; financing and casting attachments sought; aiming for 'greenlight'. Warner Bros. is pushing back the start of filming, per Variety. The script is still being tweaked.
Plot: What's the story about?
Believed to be about the Flashpoint comic book storyline where Barry Allen (a.k.a. The Flash) wakes up in an unrecognizable world. He doesn't have the super speed power anymore and the Justice League doesn't exist.
modified plot formulation from deadline.com
Poll: Will you see The Flash?
Who stars in The Flash: Cast List
Ezra Miller ... Barry Allen / The Flash
"Zack Snyder's Justice League" , "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them 3"
Kiersey Clemons ... Iris West
"Antebellum" , "The Language of Flowers "
Ray Fisher ... Victor Stone / Cyborg
"Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice" , "Cyborg"
Billy Crudup ... Barry Allen's Father
"Thin Ice" , "Rudderless"
Ben Affleck ... Batman / Bruce Wayne
"Zack Snyder's Justice League" , "Deep Water"
Michael Keaton ... Batman / Bruce Wayne
"The Asset" , "The Trial of the Chicago 7"
Sasha Calle ... Supergirl
Who's making The Flash: Crew List
A look at the The Flash behind-the-scenes crew and production team. The film's director Andy Muschietti last directed IT and The Jaunt. The film's writer Christina Hodson last wrote Bumblebee and Unforgettable.
Watch: The Flash Trailers & Videos
Production: What we know about The Flash?
- Production likely won't start until Ezra Miller finishes up work on the next Fantastic Beasts film, which means filming is unlikely before 2021 (Variety, 11/26/19).
- It director Andy Muschietti will oversee the movie and has enlisted Christina Hodson (Bumblebee) to write the screenplay (Variety, 11/26/19).
- Variety says the Flash film is now expected to commence production in late 2019 with a release date likely in 2021 (10/15/18).
- This comic book/plot storyline creates an alternate reality for his Justice League - our edit: could be played by different actors (Deadline.com, 7/22/17).
- The title is reference to a plot line in the comic books (Deadline.com, 7/22/17).
- Dope director Rick Famuyiwa left the project as it headed toward a March 2017 production start date. The departure of Famuyiwa will likely delay the movie’s start of production and release as Ezra Miller has a commitment in July (Hollywood Reporter, 10/31/16).
- Cyborg is transformed in a science experiment into a half-man, half-machine hero. He will appear in the film (Variety, 8/16/16).
- Seth Grahame-Smith was attached to direct the film, but is leaving over "creative differences" (Hollywood Reporter, 4/29/16).
- The movie project has a story treatment from Phil Lord and Christopher Miller.
- Based on the comic book "The Flash" created by Gardner Fox and Harry Lampert.
- October 2018: The film was in Development status.
- January 2017: The film was in Development status.
- October 2016: The film was in Development status.
- August 2016: The film was in Pre-Production status.
- June 2016: The film was in Development status.
- October 2015: The film was in Development status.
- April 2015: The film was in Development status.
- August 2014: The film was in Development status.
- July 2013: The film was in Development status.
- February 2010: The film was in Announced status.
Warner Bros. is pushing back the start of filming, per Variety. The script is still being tweaked.
Joby Harold doing a rewrite on the script.
Director Rick Famuyiwa has parted ways with the studio over "creative differences," may delay start of production (set for March 2017) and release.
The film will begin shooting this year in London.
Just weeks after Warner Bros. parted ways with Seth Grahame-Smith, Rick Famuyiwa is now on-board to direct.
Seth Grahame-Smith is in negotiations to direct and write comic book movie based on the iconic DC property.
Phil Lord and Christopher Miller attached to write the script.
Sources tell Hollywood Reporter that a tentative plan has The Flash scheduled for 2016.