Friday, June 16, 2023 Nationwide
sequences of violence and action, some strong language and partial nudity PARENTS STRONGLY CAUTIONED
Plot: What's the story about?
Worlds collide in “The Flash” when Barry uses his superpowers to travel back in time in order to change the events of the past. But when his attempt to save his family inadvertently alters the future, Barry becomes trapped in a reality in which General Zod has returned, threatening annihilation, and there are no Super Heroes to turn to. That is, unless Barry can coax a very different Batman out of retirement and rescue an imprisoned Kryptonian… albeit not the one he’s looking for. Ultimately, to save the world that he is in and return to the future that he knows, Barry’s only hope is to race for his life. But will making the ultimate sacrifice be enough to reset the universe?
4.06 / 5 stars (16 users)
Poll: Will you see The Flash?
Who stars in The Flash: Cast List
Ezra Miller ... Barry Allen / The Flash
Dalíland, City Island
Kiersey Clemons ... Iris West
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters (series), The Language of Flowers
Ray Fisher ... Victor Stone / Cyborg
Rebel Moon - Part One: A Child of Fire, Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
Ben Affleck ... Batman / Bruce Wayne
Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom, The Town
Michael Keaton ... Batman / Bruce Wayne
What Is Life Worth, Knox Goes Away
Sasha Calle ... Supergirl
Who's making The Flash: Crew List
A look at the The Flash behind-the-scenes crew and production team. The film's director Andy Muschietti last directed IT and The Jaunt. The film's writer Christina Hodson last wrote Bumblebee and Unforgettable.
Production: What we know about The Flash?
- It director Andy Muschietti will oversee the movie and has enlisted Christina Hodson (Bumblebee) to write the screenplay (Variety, 11/26/19).
- This comic book/plot storyline creates an alternate reality for his Justice League - our edit: could be played by different actors (Deadline.com, 7/22/17).
- The title is reference to a plot line in the comic books (Deadline.com, 7/22/17).
- Dope director Rick Famuyiwa left the project as it headed toward a March 2017 production start date. The departure of Famuyiwa will likely delay the movie’s start of production and release as Ezra Miller has a commitment in July (Hollywood Reporter, 10/31/16).
- Cyborg is transformed in a science experiment into a half-man, half-machine hero. He will appear in the film (Variety, 8/16/16).
- Seth Grahame-Smith was attached to direct the film, but is leaving over "creative differences" (Hollywood Reporter, 4/29/16).
- The movie project has a story treatment from Phil Lord and Christopher Miller.
- Based on the comic book "The Flash" created by Gardner Fox and Harry Lampert.
- 2023 - March: The film was set to Completed status.
- 2022 - March: The film was set to Post-Production status.
- 2021 - March: The film was set to Pre-Production status.
Prepping for a spring-summer shoot in England.
- 2018 - October: The film was set to Development status.
Warner Bros. is pushing back the start of filming, per Variety. The script is still being tweaked.
- 2017 - January: The film was set to Development status.
Joby Harold doing a rewrite on the script.
- 2016 - October: The film was set to Development status.
Director Rick Famuyiwa has parted ways with the studio over "creative differences," may delay start of production (set for March 2017) and release.
- 2016 - August: The film was set to Pre-Production status.
The film will begin shooting this year in London.
- 2016 - June: The film was set to Development status.
Just weeks after Warner Bros. parted ways with Seth Grahame-Smith, Rick Famuyiwa is now on-board to direct.
- 2015 - October: The film was set to Development status.
Seth Grahame-Smith is in negotiations to direct and write comic book movie based on the iconic DC property.
- 2015 - April: The film was set to Development status.
Phil Lord and Christopher Miller attached to write the script.
- 2014 - August: The film was set to Development status.
- 2013 - July: The film was set to Development status.
Sources tell Hollywood Reporter that a tentative plan has The Flash scheduled for 2016.
- 2010 - February: The film was set to Announced status.
The Flash Release Date: When was the film released?
The Flash VOD & Digital: When was the film released digitally?
The Flash was released across all major streaming and cable platforms on Tuesday, July 18, 2023. Digital rental or purchase allows you to instantly stream and download to watch anywhere and anytime on your favorite devices. Available from various digital retailers including Amazon Video, iTunes, Google Play, Apple, Vudu and others.