Friday, January 21, 2022 Nationwide
mature thematic content, sexual content, partial nudity, and strong violent content PARENTS STRONGLY CAUTIONED
Plot: What's the story about?
Based on the bestselling novel by Francine Rivers, Redeeming Love is a powerful story of relentless love and perseverance as a young couple’s relationship clashes with the harsh realities of the California Gold Rush of 1850. It is a life-changing story of the power of unconditional and all-consuming love.
4.23 / 5 stars (31 users)
Poll: Will you see Redeeming Love?
Who stars in Redeeming Love: Cast List
Abigail Cowen ... Angel
Tom Lewis ... Michael Hosea
Door Mouse, Taken 2
xXx 3: The Return of Xander Cage, Love Hard
Little Dixie, The Ravine
Who's making Redeeming Love: Crew List
A look at the Redeeming Love behind-the-scenes crew and production team. The film's director D.J. Caruso last directed xXx 3: The Return of Xander Cage and I Am Number Four. The film's writer D.J. Caruso last wrote The Goats.
Production: What we know about Redeeming Love?
- Caruso fell in love with the characters in Redeeming Love after his wife introduced him to the novel (8/15/2021).
- "Universal Pictures is a perfect home for our film," said the film's director D.J. Caruso. "They have a rich history in enabling films to find their core audience and beyond. I am excited for fans of the book and even for those who haven't read it, that they will be able to experience Angel's journey up on the big screen where it belongs. Every actor and crew member felt the significance of the story we were telling, and it enhanced and elevated the film in a profound way (8/15/2021)."
- The film is slated for release in early 2022 under the Universal Pictures banner (8/15/2021).
- Nthibah Pictures, Mission Pictures and Pinnacle Peak Pictures have partnered with Universal Pictures to handle distribution of Redeeming Love in U.S. and Canadian theaters (8/15/2021).
- The official announced plot (8/2/2020), "Redeeming Love is a powerful retelling of the biblical book of Hosea against the backdrop of the California Gold Rush of 1850. Redeeming Love shows there is no brokenness love can’t heal."
- The story is inspired by the book of Hosea from the Bible.
- Based on novel by Francine Rivers.
- 2020 - August: The film was set to Completed status.
- 2014 - June: The film was set to Development status.
Redeeming Love Release Date: When was the film released?
Redeeming Love was a Nationwide release in 2022 on Friday, January 21, 2022. There were 7 other movies released on the same date, including The King's Daughter, A Shot Through the Wall and Munich - The Edge of War.