Status: Post-Production As of June 20, 2018
Post-Production: Filming completed; editing of shot film; music composition and recordings, as well as sound and visual effects being added.
Life has become a balancing act for Adonis Creed. Between personal obligations and training for his next big fight, he is up against the challenge of his life. Facing an opponent with ties to his fami... full plot below
U.S. Release DateCreed II release date was Wednesday, November 21, 2018. This was a Nationwide in theaters release.
On DVD & Blu-ray Estimated; not officialMarch 2019
Cast more cast
Rating MPAANot Available
Storylines 2 more
Life has become a balancing act for Adonis Creed. Between personal obligations and training for his next big fight, he is up against the challenge of his life. Facing an opponent with ties to his family's past only intensifies his impending battle in the ring. Rocky Balboa is there by his side through it all and, together, Rocky and Adonis will confront their shared legacy, question what's worth fighting for, and discover that nothing's more important than family. Creed II is about going back to basics to rediscover what made you a champion in the first place, and remembering that, no matter where you go, you can't escape your history.
official plot version from mgm.com
Trivia & Production Notes
- Per Variety (1/5/16), it's not clear if Ryan Coogler, who is in negotiations for Marvel’s Black Panther, will return as director of the next Creed. Coogler and Stallone have already discussed sequel ideas.
- One version of the story would take place in the past (possibly with Carl Weathers to play Apollo Creed), or a linear story with Apollo’s son Adonis (Michael B. Jordan) taking on another challenger (Variety, 1/5/16).
- Rocky IV's antagonist, Russian boxer Ivan Drago, could factor into the plot of the next Creed film, per Sylvester Stallone (Instagram, 7/1/17).
- Creed II is the continuation of the Rocky saga and sequel to the 2015 critically acclaimed and crowd-pleasing 2015 hit Creed, which took in more than $170 million at the worldwide box office.
- "When I wrote and directed Creed, I wanted to tell a human story about a family from a new perspective, while also paying homage to the Rocky characters we've all grown up knowing and loving. I've known Steven was an amazing filmmaker since our days at USC film school together, so I can't wait to see what he, Sly, Mike and Tessa bring to this next chapter," said executive producer Ryan Coogler (4/2/18).
Also Known As
- Creed: Revenge