Friday, October 4, 2019 (Nationwide)
Plot: What's the story about?
Joker centers around the iconic arch-nemesis and is an original, standalone story not seen before on the big screen. The exploration of Arthur Fleck (Joaquin Phoenix), a man disregarded by society, is not only a gritty character study, but also a broader cautionary tale.
official plot version
4.52 / 5 stars (75 users)
Poll: Will you see Joker?
Cast: Who stars in it?
Crew: Who's making Joker
A look at the Joker behind-the-scenes crew and production team. The film's director Todd Phillips last directed War Dogs and The Hangover Part III. The film's writer Todd Phillips last wrote War Dogs and The Hangover Part II.
Joker Trailers & Videos
Production: What we know about Joker
- Robert De Niro would play a talk show host who is somehow instrumental in the Joker’s origin (Hollywood Reporter, 7/23/18).
- Zazie Beetz would play a single mother who catches the interest of the man who becomes the Joker (Hollywood Reporter, 7/19/18).
- The story will take place in the ’80s and have more of the look of a gritty crime drama (Variety, 7/8/18).
- Martin Scorsese may produce in some capacity, but sources tell THR that his involvement is far from assured (Hollywood Reporter, 8/19/17).
- Based on the DC Comics character created by Bill Finger, Bob Kane and Jerry Robinson.
On or about September 30, 2019, the film was in Completed status.
On or about November 26, 2018, the film was in Post-Production status.
On or about September 22, 2018, the film was in Production status.
On or about July 12, 2018, the film was in Pre-Production status.
Expected to shoot fall 2018.
On or about April 4, 2018, the film was in Development status.
On or about August 23, 2017, the film was in Announced status.
Joker Release Date: When was it released?
Questions: Asked About Joker
Is it confirmed who much of a role Thomas Wayne will play
Looking for more information on Joker?
Check out the below links, may contain affiliate links.