A dream team of formidable female stars come together in a hard-driving original approach to the globe-trotting espionage genre in The 355.
Friday, January 14, 2022 (Nationwide)
sequences of strong violence, brief strong language, and suggestive material PARENTS STRONGLY CAUTIONED
Plot: What's the story about?
When a top-secret weapon falls into mercenary hands, wild card CIA agent Mason “Mace” Brown (Oscar®-nominated actress Jessica Chastain) will need to join forces with rival badass German agent Marie (Diane Kruger, In the Fade), former MI6 ally and cutting-edge computer specialist Khadijah (Lupita Nyong’o), and skilled Colombian psychologist Graciela (Penélope Cruz) on a lethal, breakneck mission to retrieve it, while also staying one-step ahead of a mysterious woman, Lin Mi Sheng (Bingbing Fan), who is tracking their every move.
As the action rockets around the globe from the cafes of Paris to the markets of Morocco to the wealth and glamour of Shanghai, the quartet of women will forge a tenuous loyalty that could protect the world—or get them killed.
Poll: Will you see The 355?
Who stars in The 355: Cast List
"The Disappearance of Eleanor Rigby: Her" , "The Good Nurse"
"Born a Crime" , "The Woman King"
"The Counselor" , "Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides"
"The Dark Knight Rises" , "Inception"
"Monday" , "The Last Full Measure"
Who's making The 355: Crew List
Watch: The 355 Trailers & Videos
Production: What we know about The 355?
- The 355 is directed by genre-defying filmmaker Simon Kinberg (writer-director-producer of Dark Phoenix, producer of Deadpool and The Martian and writer-producer of the X-Men films), from a script by Theresa Rebeck (NBC’s Smash, Trouble) and Kinberg, and is produced by Chastain and Kelly Carmichael for Chastain’s Freckle Films and by Kinberg for his Genre Films. The film is executive produced by Richard Hewitt (Bohemian Rhapsody).
- Variety reports Jessica Chastain proposed the idea for a female-led spy film while working with Simon Kinberg on 2019's Dark Phoenix (08/22/19).
- The budget on the film is said to be $75 million-plus (Hollywood Reporter, 5/12/2018).
- Envisioned as a franchise.
- Based on an idea by Jessica Chastain.
- November 2020: The film was in Completed status.
- October 2020: The film was in Post-Production status.
- July 2019: The film was in Production status.
- May 2019: The film was in Pre-Production status.
- April 2019: The film was in Pre-Production status.
- May 2018: The film was in Development status.
Now shooting in Paris, France. Additional filming taking place in London and Morocco.
Starts shooting on July 8, 2019 in Paris, France. Additional filming taking place in London and Morocco.
Set to shoot late 2019.