Venom: Let There Be Carnage movie production status is currently Post-Production
April 11, 2020 • Filming completed; editing of shot film; music composition and recordings, as well as sound and visual effects being added. Release delayed until 2021.
Friday, September 17, 2021 (Nationwide)
Plot: What's the story about?
Tom Hardy returns as a journalist who joins with an alien symbiote.
Poll: Will you see Venom: Let There Be Carnage?
Who stars in Venom: Let There Be Carnage: Cast List
Tom Hardy ... Eddie Brock / Venom
"The Dark Knight Rises" , "Inception"
Michelle Williams ... Anne Weying
"Spielberg Coming-of-Age Project" , "Fever"
Woody Harrelson ... Carnage
"Midway" , "The Hunger Games"
Naomie Harris ... Shriek
"No Time to Die" , "Spectre"
"Greyhound" , "Hyena"
Reid Scot ... Dr. Dan Lewis
Who's making Venom: Let There Be Carnage: Crew List
A look at the Venom: Let There Be Carnage behind-the-scenes crew and production team. The film's director Andy Serkis last directed Mowgli: Legend of the Jungle and Breathe. The film's writer Kelly Marcel last wrote Fifty Shades of Grey and Saving Mr. Banks.
Watch: Venom: Let There Be Carnage Trailers & Videos
Production: What we know about Venom: Let There Be Carnage?
- Sony has pushed back the release date from June 25th to September 17th (3/17/2021).
- Mowgli: Legend of the Jungle director Andy Serkis is in the cards as a possible direct of the Venom sequel (Hollywood Reporter, 7/26/19).
- A director is being sought. The original Venom helmer Reuben Fleischer will be busy shooting the sequel to Sony’s Zombieland (Hollywood Reporter, 1/7/2019).
- Sony has scheduled an untitled Sony-Marvel sequel for October 2, 2020 - this is likely Venom 2 (Hollywood Reporter, 11/22/18).
- The original Venom (released in 2018) has grossed more than $570 million worldwide.
- April 2020: The film was in Post-Production status.
- July 2019: The film was in Pre-Production status.
- November 2018: The film was in Development status.
Release delayed until 2021.
Sony wants to start filming the Venom sequel in November 2019.