Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues MovieTabs
With the ’70s behind him, San Diego’s top rated newsman, Ron Burgundy (Will Ferrell), returns to the news desk in Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues. Also back for more are Ron’s co-anchor and wi... full plot below
U.S. Release DateAnchorman 2: The Legend Continues release date was Wednesday, December 18, 2013. This was a Nationwide in theaters release.
Tuesday, April 1, 2014
Released; Now Available Buy | Rent Now
Cast more cast
Rating MPAAPG-13 for crude and sexual content, drug use, language and comic violence
Storylines 2 more
With the ’70s behind him, San Diego’s top rated newsman, Ron Burgundy (Will Ferrell), returns to the news desk in Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues. Also back for more are Ron’s co-anchor and wife, Veronica Corningstone (Christina Applegate), weather man Brick Tamland (Steve Carell), man on the street Brian Fantana (Paul Rudd) and sports guy Champ Kind (David Koechner) — all of whom won’t make it easy to stay classy … while taking New York’s first 24-hour news channel by storm.
official plot version from paramount.com
Trivia & Production Notes
- Director Adam McKay has said in published reports we're definitely going to do Anchorman 2, among related lines (2011). In an April 2012 interview, director Adam McKay stated that the story might include a custody battle and bowling.
- Meagan Good (NBC's Deception) will play Ron Burgundy's boss in the film (March 2013).
Also Known As
- Anchorman 2
- Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues
- March 2013: Atlanta, Georgia, United States
- March 2013: New York City, New York, United States
More Anchorman Movies 1
Questions & Answers Have a question about movie? Ask it!
- What is Anchorman 2's release date?
- As of July 2012, Anchorman 2 is being planned for a late 2013 release. In a recent interview, Steve Carrell said Anchorman 2 would start filming in February or March 2013. Given the limited post-production work likely needed for the highly anticipated comedy sequel, a late August 2013 release is certainly possible (very tight though!). Otherwise, a November 2013 or summer 2014 release will likely be in the cards.