Aquaman is the king of Atlantis, born half-human as Arthur Curry and half-Atlantean. The film will focus on a surface world constantly ravaging the sea and the undersea Atlanteans, who are ready to... full plot below
U.S. Release DateAquaman release date was Friday, December 21, 2018. This was a Nationwide in theaters release. 3D/2D, IMAX
Tuesday, March 26, 2019
Coming Soon (30 days to go!) Pre-Order
Cast more cast
Rating MPAAPG-13 for sequences of sci-fi violence and action, and for some language
Storylines 2 more
Aquaman is the king of Atlantis, born half-human as Arthur Curry and half-Atlantean. The film will focus on a surface world constantly ravaging the sea and the undersea Atlanteans, who are ready to lash out in revolt.
modified plot formulation from warnerbros.com
Trivia & Production Notes
- Aquaman was created by Paul Norris and Mort Weisinger in November 1941.
- Aquaman is being developed on two tracks, with Will Beall and Kurt Johnstad writing separate scripts for the project.
- Jason Momoa made his debut as Aquaman in a cameo in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice and will reprise that role in Justice League (12/3/16).
- Amber Heard plays Mera, the love interest of Aquaman (12/3/16).
- Patrick Wilson plays Orm, a.k.a. Ocean Master who is Aquaman’s human half-brother and a rival for the throne of Atlantis. He wreaks havoc on the high seas (12/12/16).
- Dolph Lundgren will play King Nereus of the aquatic kingdom of Xebel, who claims Mera as his own and wants to kill Aquaman (Hollywood Reporter, 4/12/17).
Questions & Answers Have a question about movie? Ask it!
- will it reallly get made?