Aquaman is the king of Atlantis, born half-human as Arthur Curry and half-Atlantean. The film will focus on a surface world constantly ravaging the sea and the undersea Atlanteans, who are ready to... full plot below
U.S. Release DateAquaman release date is set for Friday, December 21, 2018. This will be a Nationwide in theaters release. 3D/2D, IMAX
Coming Soon (10 days to go!) Add to Google Cal
Cast more cast
Rating MPAAPG-13 for sequences of sci-fi violence and action, and for some language
Storylines 2 more
Aquaman is the king of Atlantis, born half-human as Arthur Curry and half-Atlantean. The film will focus on a surface world constantly ravaging the sea and the undersea Atlanteans, who are ready to lash out in revolt.
modified plot formulation from warnerbros.com
Trivia & Production Notes
- Aquaman was created by Paul Norris and Mort Weisinger in November 1941.
- Aquaman is being developed on two tracks, with Will Beall and Kurt Johnstad writing separate scripts for the project.
- Jason Momoa made his debut as Aquaman in a cameo in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice and will reprise that role in Justice League (12/3/16).
- Amber Heard plays Mera, the love interest of Aquaman (12/3/16).
- Patrick Wilson plays Orm, a.k.a. Ocean Master who is Aquaman’s human half-brother and a rival for the throne of Atlantis. He wreaks havoc on the high seas (12/12/16).
- Dolph Lundgren will play King Nereus of the aquatic kingdom of Xebel, who claims Mera as his own and wants to kill Aquaman (Hollywood Reporter, 4/12/17).