Status: Development As of October 15, 2018
Development: Story selection and rights acquired; idea being crafted into usable script; financing and casting attachments sought; aiming for 'greenlight'. Warner Bros. is pushing back the start of filming, per Variety. The script is still being tweaked.
Believed to be about the Flashpoint comic book storyline where Barry Allen (a.k.a. The Flash) wakes up in an unrecognizable world. He doesn't have the super speed power anymore and the Justice League ... full plot below
U.S. Release DateThe Flash: Flashpoint release date is set for TBA, 2021.
Cast more cast
Rating MPAANot Available
Storylines 4 more
Believed to be about the Flashpoint comic book storyline where Barry Allen (a.k.a. The Flash) wakes up in an unrecognizable world. He doesn't have the super speed power anymore and the Justice League doesn't exist.
modified plot formulation from deadline.com
Trivia & Production Notes
- Based on the comic book "The Flash" created by Gardner Fox and Harry Lampert.
- The movie project has a story treatment from Phil Lord and Christopher Miller.
- Seth Grahame-Smith was attached to direct the film, but is leaving over "creative differences" (Hollywood Reporter, 4/29/16).
- Cyborg is transformed in a science experiment into a half-man, half-machine hero. He will appear in the film (Variety, 8/16/16).
- Dope director Rick Famuyiwa left the project as it headed toward a March 2017 production start date. The departure of Famuyiwa will likely delay the movie’s start of production and release as Ezra Miller has a commitment in July (Hollywood Reporter, 10/31/16).
- The title is reference to a plot line in the comic books (Deadline.com, 7/22/17).
- This comic book/plot storyline creates an alternate reality for his Justice League - our edit: could be played by different actors (Deadline.com, 7/22/17).
- Variety says the Flash film is now expected to commence production in late 2019 with a release date likely in 2021 (10/15/18).
Also Known As
- The Flash