The Flash: Flashpoint movie is currently in Development
October 15, 2018 • Story selection and rights acquired; idea being crafted into usable script; financing and casting attachments sought; aiming for 'greenlight'. Warner Bros. is pushing back the start of filming, per Variety. The script is still being tweaked.
The Flash: Flashpoint Official stills & photos
The Flash: Flashpoint Plot: What's the story?
Believed to be about the Flashpoint comic book storyline where Barry Allen (a.k.a. The Flash) wakes up in an unrecognizable world. He doesn't have the super speed power anymore and the Justice League doesn't exist.
modified plot formulation from deadline.com
Poll: Will you see The Flash: Flashpoint?
The Flash: Flashpoint Cast: Who are the actors?
- Ezra Miller ... Barry Allen / The Flash
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them 3, Madame Bovary
- Kiersey Clemons ... Iris West
Antebellum, Lady and the Tramp
- Ray Fisher ... Victor Stone / Cyborg
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, Cyborg
- Billy Crudup ... Barry Allen's Father
Where'd You Go Bernadette?, Alien: Covenant
Film Details & Notes: What do we know about The Flash: Flashpoint?
- Production likely won't start until Ezra Miller finishes up work on the next Fantastic Beasts film, which means filming is unlikely before 2021 (Variety, 11/26/19).
- It director Andy Muschietti will oversee the movie and has enlisted Christina Hodson (Bumblebee) to write the screenplay (Variety, 11/26/19).
- Variety says the Flash film is now expected to commence production in late 2019 with a release date likely in 2021 (10/15/18).
- This comic book/plot storyline creates an alternate reality for his Justice League - our edit: could be played by different actors (Deadline.com, 7/22/17).
- The title is reference to a plot line in the comic books (Deadline.com, 7/22/17).
- Dope director Rick Famuyiwa left the project as it headed toward a March 2017 production start date. The departure of Famuyiwa will likely delay the movie’s start of production and release as Ezra Miller has a commitment in July (Hollywood Reporter, 10/31/16).
- Cyborg is transformed in a science experiment into a half-man, half-machine hero. He will appear in the film (Variety, 8/16/16).
- Seth Grahame-Smith was attached to direct the film, but is leaving over "creative differences" (Hollywood Reporter, 4/29/16).
- The movie project has a story treatment from Phil Lord and Christopher Miller.
- Based on the comic book "The Flash" created by Gardner Fox and Harry Lampert.
Crew and Production Credits: Who's making The Flash: Flashpoint?
A look at the The Flash: Flashpoint behind-the-scenes crew and production team. The film's director David Dobkin last directed The Judge and The Change-Up. The film's writer Christina Hodson last wrote Bumblebee and Unforgettable.
The Flash: Flashpoint Trailers & Videos
Production Timeline: When did the The Flash: Flashpoint come together?
On or about October 15, 2018 • The film was in Development status.
Warner Bros. is pushing back the start of filming, per Variety. The script is still being tweaked.
On or about January 27, 2017 • The film was in Development status.
Joby Harold doing a rewrite on the script.
On or about October 31, 2016 • The film was in Development status.
Director Rick Famuyiwa has parted ways with the studio over "creative differences," may delay start of production (set for March 2017) and release.
On or about August 16, 2016 • The film was in Pre-Production status.
The film will begin shooting this year in London.
On or about June 3, 2016 • The film was in Development status.
Just weeks after Warner Bros. parted ways with Seth Grahame-Smith, Rick Famuyiwa is now on-board to direct.
On or about October 6, 2015 • The film was in Development status.
Seth Grahame-Smith is in negotiations to direct and write comic book movie based on the iconic DC property.
On or about April 9, 2015 • The film was in Development status.
Phil Lord and Christopher Miller attached to write the script.
On or about August 11, 2014 • The film was in Development status.
On or about July 20, 2013 • The film was in Development status.
Sources tell Hollywood Reporter that a tentative plan has The Flash scheduled for 2016.
On or about February 27, 2010 • The film was in Announced status.
The Flash: Flashpoint Release Date: When is it coming out?The Flash: Flashpoint is coming out in 2022 on Friday, July 1, 2022 and will be released in nationwide movie theaters. There is 1 other movie coming out on the same date, including Untitled Illumination Animated Film #1 (2022).
- United States
- July 1, 2022 Nationwide
- July 1, 2022