Friday, December 15, 2017 (Nationwide)
sequences of sci-fi action and violence PARENTS STRONGLY CAUTIONED
Plot: What's the story about?
Rey took her first steps into a larger world in Star Wars: The Force Awakens and will continue her epic journey with Finn, Poe, and Luke Skywalker in the next chapter of the continuing Star Wars saga, Star Wars: Episode VIII.
official plot version from starwars.com
4.13 / 5 stars (63 users)
Poll: Will you see Star Wars: The Last Jedi?
Who stars in Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Cast List
Oscar Isaac ... Poe Dameron
Armageddon Time, The Addams Family 2
Benicio Del Toro ... [Villian]
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, Dora and the Lost City of Gold
Daisy Ridley ... Rey
Star Wars: The Force Awakens, Peter Rabbit
Adam Driver ... Kylo Ren
White Noise, 65
Mark Hamill ... Luke Skywalker
Star Wars: The Force Awakens, Kingsman: The Secret Service
Carrie Fisher ... Leia
Star Wars: The Force Awakens, Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker
John Boyega ... Finn
They Cloned Tyrone, Breaking
Gwendoline Christie ... Captain Phasma
Star Wars: The Force Awakens, Flux Gourmet
Jimmy Vee ... R2-D2
Greg Grunberg ... Snap Wexley
Big Ass Spider!, Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker
Andy Serkis ... Supreme Leader Snoke
The Batman, Star Wars: The Force Awakens
Beauty and the Beast, A Wrinkle in Time
Who's making Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Crew List
A look at the Star Wars: The Last Jedi behind-the-scenes crew and production team. The film's director Rian Johnson last directed Knives Out and Looper. The film's writer Rian Johnson last wrote Knives Out and Looper.
Watch: Star Wars: The Last Jedi Trailers & Videos
Production: What we know about Star Wars: The Last Jedi?
- “This [film] is going to start right where the last one left off,” Episode VIII director Rian Johnson said. “It was a break from tradition. The second film is where we zoom into the characters, getting to the heart of them and challenging them (7/17/16).”
- Joining the production crew will be some of the industry’s top talent, including Steve Yedlin (Director of Photography), Bob Ducsay (Editor), Rick Heinrichs (Production Designer), Peter Swords King (Hair and Make-Up Designer), and Mary Vernieu (US Casting Director). They will be joining returning crew members Pippa Anderson (Co-Producer, VP Post Production), Neal Scanlan (Creature & Droid FX Creative Supervisor), Michael Kaplan (Costume Designer), Jamie Wilkinson (Prop Master), Chris Corbould (SFX Supervisor), Rob Inch (Stunt Coordinator), Ben Morris (VFX Supervisor), and Nina Gold (UK Casting Director).
- John Boyega told Variety (1/12/16) the film is “much darker” than Episode VII, calling his role as Finn “more physical” in the sequel.
- Star Wars: Episode VIII, originally scheduled for release on May 26, 2017, will now debut on December 15, 2017. The move follows the extraordinary success of Star Wars: The Force Awakens, which was the first Star Wars movie to premiere in December. In the popular holiday moviegoing corridor, it smashed numerous records, including biggest domestic and global debuts of all time as well as the biggest domestic second and third weekends, en route to becoming the highest grossing domestic release of all time with over $861M and the third biggest global release ever with $1.887B (Lucasfilm, 1/20/16).
- November 2017: The film was in Completed status.
- December 2016: The film was in Post-Production status.
- February 2016: The film was in Production status.
Began principal photography at Pinewood Studios in London on February 15, 2016.
- May 2015: The film was in Pre-Production status.
Filming is due to start in 2016 with a release date scheduled for 2017. The film will be shot at Pinewood Studios just outside of London.
- June 2014: The film was in Development status.
- October 2012: The film was in Announced status.
Upon purchase of Lucasfilm by Disney, the studio announced a targeted 2015 release date for Star Wars: Episode VII. Followed by additional Star Wars films every two to three years.
- October 2010: The film was in Concept status.
Star Wars: The Last Jedi Release Date: When was the film released?
Star Wars: The Last Jedi was released in 2017 on Friday, December 15, 2017 (Nationwide release). There were 8 other movies released on the same date, including Ferdinand, Beyond Skyline and The Ballad of Lefty Brown. 3D/2D; IMAX
When will the movie be on Blu-ray & DVD?Tuesday, March 27, 2018
Released; Now Available Buy | Rent Now