Friday, December 20, 2019 (Nationwide)
Runtime: 2 hrs, 35 m
Plot: What's the story about?
The final installment of the Skywalker saga.
4.23 / 5 stars (13 users)
Poll: Will you see Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker?
Cast: Who stars in it?
Crew: Who's making Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker
A look at the Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker behind-the-scenes crew and production team. The film's director J.J. Abrams last directed Star Wars: The Force Awakens and Star Trek Into Darkness. The film's writer J.J. Abrams last wrote Star Wars: The Force Awakens and Super 8.
Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker Trailers & Videos
Production: What we know about Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker
- Director J.J. Abrams, screenwriter Chris Terrio, and Lucasfilm chief Kathleen Kennedy went through every Star Wars film to come up with a storyline for The Rise of Skywalker that served as a grand finale but also its own individual film (Star Wars Celebration, 4/12/19).
- The crew includes Dan Mindel (Director of Photography), Rick Carter and Kevin Jenkins (Co-Production Designers), Michael Kaplan (Costume Designer), Neal Scanlan (Creature and Droid FX), Maryann Brandon and Stefan Grube (Editors), Roger Guyett (VFX Supervisor), Tommy Gormley (1st AD), and Victoria Mahoney (2nd Unit Director) (7/27/18).
- Composer John Williams, who has scored every chapter in the Star Wars saga since 1977’s A New Hope, will return with a brand-new score for Episode IX (7/27/18).
- “We desperately loved Carrie Fisher,” said director J.J. Abrams. “Finding a truly satisfying conclusion to the Skywalker saga without her eluded us. We were never going to recast, or use a CG character. With the support and blessing from her daughter, Billie, we have found a way to honor Carrie’s legacy and role as Leia in Episode IX by using unseen footage we shot together in Episode VII (7/27/18)."
- Leia Organa, played by Carrie Fisher, will return in Star Wars: Episode IX using previously unreleased footage from Star Wars: The Force Awakens (7/27/18).
- Writer-director Colin Trevorrow (at 2015's D23 Expo) states, “This is not a job or an assignment. It is a seat at a campfire, surrounded by an extraordinary group of storytellers, filmmakers, artists and craftspeople. We’ve been charged with telling new stories for a younger generation because they deserve what we all had -- a mythology to call their own. We will do this by channeling something George Lucas instilled in all of us: boundless creativity, pure invention and hope.”
- Said to focus on a new generation of heroes and could feature appearances by Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher in older incarnations of their beloved characters from the original Star Wars trilogy.
On or about September 9, 2019, the film was in Completed status.
On or about February 15, 2019, the film was in Post-Production status.
On or about July 28, 2018, the film was in Production status.
Begins filming at London’s Pinewood Studios on August 1, 2018.
On or about September 12, 2017, the film was in Development status.
J.J. Abrams will write and direct the film.
On or about August 1, 2017, the film was in Development status.
Jack Thorne, who wrote the Julia Roberts-Jacob Tremblay movie Wonder, will do a rewrite on the script. Eyeing a production start January 2018.
On or about December 27, 2015, the film was in Development status.
Colin Trevorrow was announced as the director of Episode IX for release in 2019.
On or about October 30, 2012, the film was in Announced status.
Upon purchase of Lucasfilm by Disney, the studio announced a targeted 2015 release date for Star Wars: Episode VII. Followed by additional Star Wars films every two to three years.
On or about October 24, 2010, the film was in Concept status.
Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker Release Date: When was it released?
Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker was released in 2019 on Friday, December 20, 2019 (Nationwide release). There were 5 other movies released on the same date, including Cats, Bombshell and Togo. 3D/2D; IMAX 3D
Questions: Asked About Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker
Looking for more information on Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker?
Check out the below links, may contain affiliate links.